meeting with elders about WT involvement in UN

by LevelThePlayingField 82 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TrueNoir
    TrueNoir

The best thing you can do is fade away. Don't try to argue or fight with people who are involved in cults. There's more then enough info that points to the fact they where a part of the UN as well as the fact they are still doing lobbying and involved in other political organizations. Some of that can be found on current tax information as well. But trying to wake people up will do nothing but get you disfellowshipped. If you made the mistake of getting baptized then you can't do anything but fade away. If you didn't get baptized then they can't shun you because your more or less a worldly person who is still someone they can "bring in".

• Landy
    Landy

Is there nothing you can do to fade away? Have to work on meeting nights, get a hobby that gives you an excuse not to go.? Something. Anything?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

He said that now a days, even people who point to articles like a 1972 WT or something is, No we don't even consider that anymore. He said that anything we need is online, meaning the Watchtower on line library from 2000 onward, and the WT library CD ROM is being outdated.

So our parents and grandparents were apostates? So "the truth" that was being printed prior to 2000 wasn't in fact "the truth"? Were we being lied to?

Jehovah keeps feeding them false information, in that case they're no more reliable than the average guy on the street.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

The elders bury their heads in the sand when confronted with real truth, facts and nonsensical policies. Why? Because they are afraid to rock the boat. They are afraid to go down the rabbit hole and see for themselves. Many may already know these things, but push them to the back of their mind (cognitive dissonance).

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Just caught up with this LevelTPF. That's two hours of your life you'll never get back .

I think you probably did the right thing. As expected the elders were not going to being interested in what you had to say, just to gauge if you were going to be making trouble or go back into your shell.

Pushing the point would only escalate things and if that's not what you want then you had to back down and keep stum. The thing is they don't care what you have to say, it would have been wasted breath anyway.

Hopefully your wife is placated a bit now and you can carry on.

• Listener
    Listener

LevelThePlayingField, did you ever work out who spoke to the Elders and what they said?

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I never did find out who spoke to the elders about it. I think it was my mother in law though because the conversations sometimes with her got heated.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The very fact that you are being harassed because of your observations PROVES the cult-like nature of the society!

If it was not a high control cult, one would be free to say whatever is on one's mind.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Those elders behaved like little children who put their fingers in their ears and say: "I can't hear you... I can't hear you."

What a bunch of cult pussies they are!

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I agree. They didn't even want me to open the folder I had that contained the United Nations letter about the WT involvement. They treated that folder like it contained the plague.

Now just thinking here simply and plainly. If there was anything that was corrupt in the org and someone of good standing was to bring this forth, don't you think common sense would say at least peak at it, give the man a chance to say what it's about. But no way, and to the effect that even if it's true, "it doesn't even matter" was the quote I got from the one elder. So scoff at the Catholic church for doing it and ridicule them, but if someone detects the same completely ignore it? This is the essence of hypocrisy.

You know, I'm really glad now. It's been 2 days since I met with those two elders, but I'm really glad because it SHOWS me what the org is really about. Now, prior to this I heard recordings and many youtube experiences but when you experience it first hand, it brings on a whole new meaning and reality. It really sinks in and stays with you. You think about it through out the day and during the night. You keep hearing the elder say, "this is apostate!" again and again, and it really sinks in. In essence he was calling me an apostate simply for finding a news article critical of JW's. But my point is that when you actually experience something like this, and many of you reading this already have, then it becomes more real to you and you see the real org. Yes, the real org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit