murder letter

by silentlambs 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Sounds like paranoid central to me. I am not, have never been, and have no intention of ever being a member of the WT legal staff. I just thought someone might be interested in the facts. Guess I was wrong.

• Tallyman
    Tallyman
    I am not, have never been, and have no intention of ever being a member of the WT legal staff.

shuuuuur, Poke Khop... that what they all say

• sf
    sf

pssssst Tony, is that you?

Scally (wheres da beef class)

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000
    I am not, have never been, and have no intention of ever being a member of the WT legal staff.

Good answer...but are u a JW, convenient newbie?

• Monica
    Monica

I just had to say that I too was totally disgusted with this letter. I read it to my mom (who is inactive) and she was just as appalled as I was.

The confidentiality law is one thing, but as others have also pointed out, there is no talk about encouraging this murderer to turn himself in. It is even mentioned that if the elders break their confidentiality it would be detrimental to the murderer and his wife.

Don't the Catholics encourage their members to turn themselves in if they committed a crime? Does anyone know if other religious clerics encourage confessed murderers to turn themselves in?

It kind of spooks me thinking back to the days when I thought the organization was so clean and criminal free. If I had kids back then, I probably would have trusted my children to be safe with almost any JW. I guess I was pretty naive. Granted other religions may harbor criminals as well, but I think most who were JWs were told to trust the elders in protecting the flock and to trust the other brothers and sisters.

I am a little curious about the law on this and maybe Pork Chop can help out. Who can the elder legally confide in? Can he confide in another elder? Can he legally confide in the WTBTS INC? Is the WTBTS Corporation legally binded from turning the criminal in?

• outnfree
    outnfree

Pork Chop, Pork Chop, come back!

If you really DO want to help us with the facts, please answer the other questions put to you in the posts and ignore the ugly aspersions cast on your character by insinuating that you must be a WTS legal eagle!

outnfree

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Whatever happened to the “murder letter” previously posted on Silentlambs site? I’m pretty certain that Kent’s site had also sported a copy of it. It has mysteriously disappeared from off both sites. What happened fellas … get cold feet?

Where the “letter” has mysteriously disappeared from:
    http://www.silentlambs.org/wtletter.htm

See! It isn’t there any longer. Now don't that just beat anything you've ever seen?

Yadirf

• teejay
    teejay

Yidrif,

what happened to the letter?

IT'S BAAAAA-AAACK!

• ros
    ros

Hello, Silentlambs:

I join with others applauding your diligent efforts to expose the WT Society's practice of not allowing its members to report pedophilia and even murder to law enforement authorities. The page on your SilentLambs website for official WT letters is a great addition.

During the years I was an active JW, I was not aware of the prevalence of pedophilia within the organization. The way I initially found out about that, and the practice of congregation cover-ups for such offenders, was from some of the confessions I heard at BRCI conferences, and then later in Internet exJW discussion forums. Yet at first I thought these were isolated incidents. But since starting my own website, BEACON, I have been appalled by the sheer number of letters coming from people with stories of being horribly abused as children by their relatives and prominent elders in their congregations. Many are very much like the letters you have in the "Victims" page of your website. And yes, it is astonishing--even for the WTS--that they so dispicably protect the guilty and punish the innocent. But what I find even more incredible is the accepting indifference of the general membership of Jehovah's Witnesses toward these kinds of atrocities in their midst. That mothers have realized what was happening to their children and allowed it to go on is beyond me. This has revealed to me, above anything else, the degree to which Jehovah's Witnesses are in a duped mental state of blind submission, and it is outrageous! I have tried to think back on my years in the Watchtower wondering if I would have ever actually gone along with shielding such things. The story about people in one congregation admittedly being aware that a violent-type low-life had killed his little son and allowed it to be passed off as accidental death boggles the mind.

Another thing that occurred to me in reading the stories on your site were the instances of DFings where the offence was not made known to the congregation, and any who knew anything about it were warned to keep silent or face judicial action for "gossip". Hmmm. One of the Biblical texts most often cited by Jehovah's Witnesses to justify disfellowshipping is Jesus' instruction at Matthew 16:15-17, which verse 17 in the New World Translation reads: "If he does not listen to them ["two or three witnesses"], speak to the congregation, let him to be you just as a man of the nations and as a tax collector."
    Does that not say the congregation is to be in formed, and allow that the wrong-doer should be turned over to the "nations"?

While we on the forbidden outside may have gained some awareness, no one can expose it to the world like one such as yourself who knows the situation first-hand from the inside and is willing to come forward. If there is anything I or BEACON site can do to aid your efforts, please let me know: [email protected]

May your efforts be blessed.

• Kent
    Kent

You will find the murder letter on the Watchtower Observer as well - among lots of other interesting stuff .

Yakki Da

Kent
    Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit