What clothes you can wear

What music you can listen to

What films you can watch

What friends you can have

What education you can get

What health care you can't have if it involves blood or part of blood

It consumes your time with mind numbing meetings designed to keep you busy

You'll be expected to go out door to door to peddle their BS

They lie to their members and do not allow people a space to voice divergent perspectives

You really want to go back to that?

Shunning is directed by the Organization but enacted by the JW populace. For years they've been told this is scriptural. Do you honestly think if the Org stopped it tomorrow that all the individual Witnesses would stop?

The damage by the cult is done, and people will remain with a cult mentality.

I miss my wonderful friends but there is not enough money on this planet to get me to return to that genuine waste of life.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Ok lets think this through. Since you seem a tad emotional on this let me help with some rationality....

Lets assume that every rule you laid out is indeed a rule that jw’s insist be followed.

now lets remove shunning from the orgs arsenal of weapons.

with those parameters established, lets now say publisher morpheous f**ks the hell out of a woman he is not married too... maybe gisele bundchen. Given that he banged a supermodel, lets say he comes to the kh and brags about it ( and yes i definitely would). Without the threat of shunning, what are they (any jw) going to do about it...?

See how that works? Shunning is the ultimate threat to a jw. It removes all friends and support (remember you cant have worldly friends!) and also takes the hope of paradise.... if you remove that threat whats to keep you walking the jw strait line?

In short the jw cult becomes just another church, a social group. As i already exained, its a social group i was born into. I would go back, nominally, for the social ties i forged over a lifetime, as many here would. Also perhaps you should google the word “nominally” as i expect it will shed some light on what i mean.

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

Morphious......eh?

Oops....you corrected the spelling of your own name....carry on.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Without the threat of shunning, what are they (any jw) going to do about it...?

Shun!

Shunning is something anyone can do. You don't have to be a JW to shun someone.

JW's have been told to shun all their lives - do you really think they'd stop just because the organization said the DF'ing was stopping?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think the WTS/Jws will slowly disappear before any main doctrines like Dfing, the blood issue and all the other defining doctrines structured into this religion.

Why ? because removing these doctrines would eventually weaken the illusion of the godly acquired chosen headship.

In doing so would fracture that illusion and then they would really risk collapsing this organization.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol i post from my phone almost exclusively, its just so convenient, but the occasional fat finger slips by. I try to catch where i can and when i dont... well then the ole bob ross comes into play. “No such thing as mistakes just happy little accidents”. Yes i did fat finger my name and yes i fixed it :)

wizz, im not going to waste valuable forum space explaining my point any further. It seems evident that you cant accept the premise that was laid forward (shunning ending) so there no value in beating my head against a wall going beyond the basic premise you wont accept. Frankly there is no chance they end shunning so its a moot point anyway.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Anyone who would return to a controlling cult is a weak person.

Sad but true.

Anyway, as you say it's a moot point, it's how they control people so it will always be there in one form or another.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol they cant control if they dont shun, dumbass 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• wizzstick
  • _Morpheus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit