the watchtower is starting to crumble

by pepperheart 114 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

I see Star Trek is the theme today in this thread. Great Facepalm shots from TNG.

Too bad everyone here is in disagreement. Dammit! Can't we all get along?

• Incognito
    Incognito
    Too bad everyone here is in disagreement. Dammit! Can't we all get along?

But unlike the Kingdom Hall, we can have a discussion, express our personal opinions which are often not always the same, agree to disagree, and yet, we usually can still 'get along'.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Indeed, and i expect that any disagreement with wizz is good natured... we shared face palms after all ;)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They made money (a lot of it) by selling books. Now defunct. Hence the financial crisis.

• LV101
    LV101

Slim - and how we loved writing checks for those books and literature.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes it looks like they are starting to crumble.

I meant 1000 (or more) videos in total, not just monthly broadcasts.

And I meant JWs don't have a culture of giving money. Of course in terms of time and afford they beat most other religions by a mile. It's ironic therefore that WT have failed to turn this zeal toward financial contributions.

Yes it seems like they are collapsing faster than I imagined. Are broadcasts now being phased out? Is the religion itself being phased out?

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

I think last month's broadcast video was extremely telling of how things will go for the Organization.

Despite the extreme legal and financial pressure that the society is getting over its child abuse problems, the Governing Body has taken the steadfast stand not to abandon the two witness rule, claiming the so-called biblical high ground as their backing. This should be the strongest indication to us that any wholesale religious reform of this faith will not occur and this is due ultimately to the fact the Governing Body still believe that they are literally God's hand and mouthpiece, despite evidence to the contrary.

As a result, this defiant stance will only result in the WBTS hitting a wall rather suddenly one day, because the Governing Body members have chosen to wait for a miraculous deliverance of their problems, rather that doing the logical thing of easing the burdens they themselves have created.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Faster than you thought, slim??? It was 2 years a few days ago so that means, what, months? Or are you giving them weeks now? Its so hard to keep up....

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes it looks like they are starting to crumble.

I meant 1000 (or more) videos in total, not just monthly broadcasts.

And I meant JWs don't have a culture of giving money. Of course in terms of time and afford they beat most other religions by a mile. It's ironic therefore that WT have failed to turn this zeal toward financial contributions.

Yes it seems like they are collapsing faster than I imagined. Are broadcasts now being phased out? Is the religion itself being phased out?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Rotflmao!!!! Slim has resorted to cut and paste 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

oh slim.... your too funny. I can only assume this means you expect them to fold this week, you just dont want to say it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit