the watchtower is starting to crumble

by pepperheart 114 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LV101
    LV101

I understand how Slim and others want reform and the good (if any) to go with change. People like to congregate and associate with common history. However, if they were going bust, I really think they'd try to look more welcoming and safe to the world. They've been masters at creating their own interpretation of scripture -- have they lost all faith in themselves! Downsizing, lawsuits, sell-outs can't be great for the egomaniacal sociopaths - guess their power over millions keeps them on track.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I dont begrudge anyone their dreams or hopes, lv101. Im on record saying that if they ended df’ing (shunning), i mean really ended it not just changed the name, id go back, at least nominally. That is the core of their power and absent that power people would be free to be whatever they wanted. That is of course why it will never happen.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Having 8 million members on paper sounds good but how many of those members give any money to pay the bills that each kingdom hall has and also all the bethels.

what new things has the watchtower done these past few years with all the money they have saved from not printing as many magazines?

• Incognito
    Incognito

Reform ain't likely to happen. Since he was a GB member and nephew of the WT's Oracle and President, Ray Franz likely had the greatest potential to affect reform, but consider how he was treated when he tried.

WT's liability for future child abuse could be immediately reduced or eliminated, but they refuse to invoke policy changes that are suggested by outside lawyers, lawmakers or review panels such as the Australian RC.

• pomo6780
    pomo6780

When it crumbles we won't have much to talk about. Too bad too bad... edit: we will, but only about its demise. No need to downvote...

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Im on record saying that if they ended df’ing (shunning), i mean really ended it not just changed the name, id go back, at least nominally.

Why on earth would anyone go back?

It's a cult!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

If you end shunning its actually not a cult anymore, its just a stupid religion, one i was born into like billions of other people. If shunning were really gone id go back (nominally as i said before) for the community aspect. Id never buy the shit but with no threat of shunning id be free to speak my mind on the shit.

• Incognito
    Incognito
    with no threat of shunning id be free to speak my mind on the shit.

Unfortunately, shunning does not always need to be dictated for it to occur. People can shun as a matter of choice, even if not 'required' by WT.

Not only does WT have a history of saying things without directly saying it, people also take exception when something they don't like is said about something they hold dear or wish to believe in, whether those beliefs are justified and valid or not.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Stagnation of prophetic interpretation will be their undoing. The current operation of JW.org is not attracting new members to the fold. Many of the young ones are leaving in droves. The number of witnesses will dwindle down and they eventually will become a small sect of Christendom.

I believe they have offended God somewhere along the way. They are not fulfilling the prophecy of Joel 2:28-29. This is where God says he will pour out his spirit on every sort of flesh and cause people to prophesy, dream and have visions. A new religion is going to form in the coming decades and I will have my portion to give.

I am not a revolutionary but when I find a worthy fellowship I will share my realizations to that Collective. My distinction shall be added to their likeness. Till then, I shall wait for the Cube to come and assimilate me. Did you know? The most holy chamber of the temple is cube shaped.

Who wants to start a new movement?

WT currently have little new information to offer, unlike when F Franz was their 'oracle'. WT find themselves presenting the same, over and over again so they may as well present once and use that info for a longer time period, all while claiming 'simplification', growth and speeding up of the warning work.
    They have already ran out of things to say
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

The internet is a real game changer for the Watchtower's financial survival. As search engines continue to improve, and the proliferation of negative information about WT's unholy dealings past and present become easily available we should see a proportional exodus, and a resulting greater financial instability. With only a very small minority hanging on to membership most of which will be the very old nearing deaths sleep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit