Would You EVER Go Back To Being A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Chook
    Chook

I would rather be shot than have cult control destroy my mind

• kairos
    kairos

If after having thoughts of suicide after leaving, imagine the urge if one was to return.

I lost 25 years to this cult.

• flipper
    flipper

Do chickens have lips ? The answer is no. Not in a million years

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Would I ever go back to the cult?

I believe I have made it quite clear my standing with that evil religion, but, just for the sake of repetition for emphasis -

NO, never. And even that would be too soon.

And as for the simple act of entering a kingdom hall - I wrote a letter to the local clowns years ago stating that I would need to be either dead or in a coma in order for me to pass through those doors.

Cheeses. An avowed enemy of the watchtower and it's followers.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

well--actually--yes--i could go back to the dubs.

i like the fact they dont celebrate christmas and birthdays. since i left ive spent an absolute fortune on presents--sometimes for people i dont even like.

just one thing they would have to change though----publicly admit that god is just a man-made myth. all the rest of their nonsense would then fall into place.

• phats
    phats

WHY????????????? Shit it took patience & all the skills & the perfect opportunity to get out of this pile of shit & still keep my family talking to me & that's an ongoing skill I've honed over the last 11 years & I'm not giving up on that end of.

Phats.

• HB
    HB

Following on from Stan's first comment, I am interested in a slightly different twist to this question.

What would be your "price" to go to meetings for just one year and pretend to be either a loyal JW or an interested and sincere 'truth-seeker'?

For many of you I guess no offer of money would suffice, as integrity and sanity is of greater value.

However, suspend reality for a moment and imagine that a government secret service agent offered you a million tax free pounds /dollars/euros or whatever, to attend all KH meetings for a year and make friends with an elder who the authorities are interested in and report back.

Forget any ethical or practical issues, it's just a theoretical question of what your price would be.

If you'd say no to a million, would you do it for 5 million? Or more or less or not at all? They say everyone has a price but maybe that's not true.

I've personally never set foot in a Kingdom Hall and even the thought of going there creeps me out, but I'd do it and act interested for a year for £50,000. It would be hard but that's a fairly good income for the time spent.

However, I don't have past traumatic JW issues to deal with and have been 'vaccinated' against WT indoctrination and lies by this forum, so I'd be able to treat it just as an acting job, and no more.

I'm interested to know how much others would do it for?

• minimus
    minimus

Nothing is better than knowing the truth about the truth

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    HB: Forget making friends with an elder I would be happy to befriend one of the GB members, have a sit down conversation with a bottle of Jack Daniel's for free..Record the conversation and play it for my brain dead JW family members...
  • TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Why not if afterwards followed by the song : "Back to slavery concocted by sectarian US intelligency"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit