Would You EVER Go Back To Being A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Only if I was told that's where I would have to pick up my jackpot winnings from Powerball or MegaMillions, but we know that will never happen (btw just imagine all the dubs that play the lottery on the side, can you imagine when they win the big numbers and their picture ends up in the paper?)

• zeb
    zeb

In no particular order,

• The downer they have on education
    • attitude to women
    • ARC and the lies they told
    • No hobbies permitted that take time away from...
    • sports not permitted..
    • the downer they have on mental health professionals..
    • interfering with marriage
    • elders of nil education..
    • et al
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Answer = only if a I felt a need to immerse myself in human ignorance, lies and corruption.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The question might also be put: Is there anything that might compel you to come back? For example, what would you do if circumstances convinced you that Armageddon was suddenly coming about? Many religions teach that there will come a time of tribulation. Would you have any doubts about your decision if the Earth began quaking and the sky darkened and buildings began falling?

I don know what JWs think is going to happen at Armageddon, but could things become so bad that you might go running back to your old beliefs if the situation warranted it? The leadership, after all, uses fear to manipulate its following.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Well yeah sure but I would need a lobotomy first

In order to not know what I know,

Maybe the lobotomy would bring me back

to the mind of a child,

They would then find me more "teachable",

Things were simpler then

But then again so was I,

:0)

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

No!

It would be like a dog turning back and eating its own vomit, to use a colourful biblical term

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

The thought actually triggers my gag reflex.

I could never ever put myself in the position of village idoit ever again!!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

not in a million years, hell no!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Anyone doing so is to be pitied.

As FTS said -

(Proverbs 26:11) "Like a dog that returns to its vomit, The stupid one repeats his foolishness."

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Simply stated, What For? WT took from me and would again take from me time, money, pleasure, and they ain't getting anymore of those from me.!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit