Evolution is a Fact #34 - Hiccups and Tadpoles

by cofty 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Clearview
    Clearview

Yeah, I'm sorry, I could never get behind the FE argument. It's entertaining hearing some people's viewpoint on it, but it's always just so convoluted.

The guy in the first video obviously doesn't know how or why the moon is tidally locked, and the way the disc moon would move for that theory to work is exactly what he scoffed at in the beginning of the video.

He can't understand why we only see one side of the moon, (tidally locked) but he's OK with the top of the moon always pointing at the center of the FE.

It makes me wonder if flat earth people have ever looked at the moon through a telescope to see the impact craters and scarring from billions of years of asteroid impacts.

The guy in the second video is saying the tides don't make sense, yet the tides are predicted with very good accuracy. I don't buy the theory that it's electromagnetism. Where would the magnetism come from? The amount of electromagnetism it would take to affect something like the ocean which is non metallic, would wreak havoc on anything metal like steel ships or buildings. Gravity pulls on everything equally no matter the material its made of, the oceans just have so much mass and can move freely, so that's where it is noticeable. The earths molten core has tides as well.

On that subject, take any liquid and either drop it, or put it in a zero G environment, and it takes the shape of a sphere. Raindrops are spheres because they are falling (basically zero G, gravity has no effect on the shape when it's already falling) and that's the natural shape they assume.

When the earth formed it was molten liquid rock in a zero G environment. Even now we're sitting on rock floating on liquid. If we weren't, there would be no magnetic field, no tectonic plates, and no earthquakes. So to me it only makes sense that this planet and all others are spheres, its the natural shape you can observe in real time with any falling liquid.

I mean no disrespect with these posts, to each their own, as long as you don't knock on my door on Saturday morning to tell me about the Flat Earth Society or make my family shun me because I think the earth is round haha :) I just find it enjoyable debating flat earth and trying to wrap my head around other people's theories.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Truthexplorer, ever hear of Eratosthenes? If not, you should check him out.

Here's Carl Sagan from his Cosmos series explaining what Eratosthenes discovered about the Earth's surface and circumference in a very simple way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWtfJ2D10NM

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Is someone trolling both here and jwtalk? They have a(nother) nut job on there claiming the earth is flat.

• cofty
    cofty
    Yes it is a troll.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit