Evolution is a Fact #34 - Hiccups and Tadpoles

by cofty 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Conspiracy nutter please start your own thread.

• Clearview
    Clearview

@Truthexplorer, I stumbled onto the flat earth videos on YouTube a while back, and to be honest some of the arguments flat earthers make are slightly compelling, though not convincing, and my research into flat earth theory was purely for entertainment and curiosity.

That being said, there are (at least) 2 questions I've found that no flat earther has been able to answer. I've asked these questions in the comments section of 6-10 YouTube videos.

1. If the earth is flat, and we're on a flat plane, why is the moon upside-down to someone who is standing on the southern hemisphere? It should be right side up for everyone, unless people in the southern hemisphere are literally standing upside down on the bottom of a sphere, looking at the moon which retains its original orientation in the sky.

2. Where do tides come from? If the sun and moon are flat, and the same size (32 miles across and 3000 miles away) what causes tides? If it's still the moon causing them, why doesn't the sun cause them too?

So far I haven't gotten a single reply to these questions.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    clear view - I am sure the answers to those questions are out there somewhere. I don't know the answers to those questions, but will do research into them. Thanks for bringing to my attention. I would say however that the flight paths are quite fascinating. On a globe earth, they make no sense whatsoever. On a flat earth map, they make whole lot of sense. Also the united nations use a flat earth flag. Why do they do that. quite strange.
  • Quarterback
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Clearview, as it happens the sun exerts about the same gravitational force on the earth as does the the moon and is therefore about half responsible in influencing the tidal 'pull'.

But remember that people who would be susceptible to flat-earthism are the same as those convinced by creationism and JW belief... i.e. people with brains stuck at the level of a tadpole.

• sir82
    sir82

Also the united nations use a flat earth flag. Why do they do that.

Because flags are flat?

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    "
    Truthexplorer13 hours agoCofty......surely you meant truth"explorer". I look at different perspectives. It just so happens that I stumbled across the flat earth topic on you tube and laughed at how ridiculous the whole thing was - initially. I wasn't being 'desperate' to prove creation. However the further I have looked into the flat earth theory, the further I am convinced that we are being deceived about the shape of the earth. NASA appears to be making a lot of lies which go on and on. But getting back to the point. There is much evidence to prove the earth is not a sphere. That the sun and moon are much closer to earth and that it is the sun that rotates around the earth. Also remember the biblical passage where God made the sun stand still in the sky/firmament so that Joshua could defeat his enemies. This all harmonises. If so, and was absolutely proven; then the genesis account is credible and correct."

Please tell me this is a wind up????

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Hey Clearview

I have attached this comical you tube link that gives a fairly reasonable explanation as to why the moon appears upside down in the southern hemisphere from a flat earth perspective. Albeit the guy looks a bit crazy and uses the F word a couple of times, his explanation does make a bit of sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDUXlhv77dA

Also here is another video explaining a possible theory as to how the tides work from a flat earth perspective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXIg2AW0_e8

• Landy
    Landy
    I. Am. Speechless.
  • sir82
    sir82
    Well, we've discovered what Trump supporters are doing when they're not beating up people they don't like....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit