New Light on the United Nations (U.N.) (Scarlet Beast)

by UnDisfellowshipped 126 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

Forgive my elegant skepticism, but even if the Society changed it's views on the UN to the effect that it is not neccessarily going to be the organization that crushes all religion and tries to ban the JWs, that still would not negate the fact that the WT was blatently taking part in a worldly, governmental organzition. The WT would still continue to view it as part of Satan's organization, although it would have a possibly diminished role in future prophecy.

My point is that changing the prophetic interpretation would not really "cover their asses" anyway, since they still would be in violation of their strictly neutral position. So, if the changed thought doesn't really help "explain" the WTs role in the UN, why do we need a conspiracy theory to account for it?

Just a thought,

• undercover
    undercover

I'd love to see that article so I can objectively review any "new light" brought out. Assuming that this is correct; what a way to deal with a controversy. "The UN? We don't know that they are the wild beast. Whatever gave you that idea? We can't assume that they are."

You can argue Bible doctrine all day and it all comes down to what you want to believe or interpret. 607 or 587? Doesn't matter. You can believe the secular evidence or you can believe Bible prophecy(JW version). You will not win that argument. Is Jesus your mediator? Doesn't matter. Read all the scripture you want. They'll interpret however they feel. But the UN. Now you've got a problem. The UN is the wild beast. The UN will destroy Babylon and then turn on God's people(JWs). The WTS condemned all other religions for riding the back of the UN(as the beast). Then the WTS gets caught with its hand in the cookie jar. There is no scriptural or doctrinal debate. They have done exactly what they condemned others for and they get caught. What do to? Change the doctrine. The UN no longer has any signifigance. "So we(WTS) were an NGO? Big deal. The UN has no meaning to Jehovah's organization. Maybe they will have a hand in our persecution. Maybe they won't. It's not our place to say. We will not speculate."

It also could be looked at as another way of becoming more mainstream. Many here have commented that they will have to make changes and become more mainstream so as to keep growing and maintain its followers. Mainstream religion will not venture too far in doctrine so as to stick its neck out.

• integ
    integ

As one elder pointed out to me once "The only thing I believe is what Jehovah tells me in the latest Watchtower". This is the mindset of 50 percent of the org. The other 50 percent are just waiting for chance to make a clean getaway.

• seven006
    seven006

The JW's should open up their eyes and realize the seven headed beast that will attack them is made of the following. CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, BBC, and UPI.

The average JW drone will never equate New Light with New Lie. Their level of blind stupidity is unbelievable.

Dave

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Undisfellowshipped, et. al.,

Damn, you guys do good work!! The watchman is truly awake.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

the way i see it, this has knock on effects on other 'explained' prophecies in revelation. i cant see many JWs liking this. as what seemed to be clear to the R&F through the revelation book, is now becoming not so clear.

the light is getting dimmer!

• logansrun
    logansrun

Pleasuredome,

I agree, the ramifications would be enormous. Which is why I ask, why would they do it? The GB is dense sometimes, but not this stupid. Perhaps we are jumping the gun a little bit on this, imho.

B

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Until someone can scan the WT page. Para 11, page 20 . WT June 1st 2003 :

Gog of Magog is identified as Satan the Devil in his debased condition since 1914. As a spirit creature, he cannot carry out his attack directly, but will use human agencies to do his deeds. Who will these human agencies be? The Bible does not give us details, yet it does give us certain indicationsthat can help us to identify who they will be. As world events unfold in fulfilment of Bible propecies, we gradually get an ever clearer picture.. Jehovah's people avoid speculation but remain spiritually alert,fully aware of political and religious developments that fit into the framework of Bible prophecy.

Para 12 talks about the king of North , but does not say who he is or will be

Go figure

• logansrun
    logansrun

Blues Brothers,

Thanks for the full paragraph in question. It seems like the JWs are not making a 180 degree turn in doctrine like they normally do, but are publishing their "get out of jail free" card before something dreadful happens, like the UN collapses. Most JWs will not really notice the subtlety of the wording here, but the old timers should be asking why such "non-speculative" remarks were not made earlier, say, one hundred and twenty four years ago.

Bradley

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

This is great stuff! That is,--- the statements, thoughts and the ever great questions posed to Jehovah's Witnesses, about the WTBTS, the GB and more. Any rank and file care to TRY to answer and explain?

This is leading in the correct direction! Soon, very soon the trees will "bloom" --early and unexpected!

til laters,

Mr. Kim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit