New Light on the United Nations (U.N.) (Scarlet Beast)

by UnDisfellowshipped 126 Replies latest jw friends

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

so whats going to happen to the Revelation book? it's now 'old light' and 'speculation'.

and what does this make of the 2 horned wild beast? is it still GB/US? and if it is what is the image of the first wild beast that it breathes life into?

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Thanks, Ozzie.

Hey, come to think of it, I believe you and I are very familiar with that particular Ex-District Overseer that I mentioned above, who was ridiculed so much for what "insights" he brought to this discussion board on the hidden "agenda" of the Secial October 8th Meeting. Remember. But now, it seems we are beginning to see perhaps, he was right all along and was unjustly cricitized for trying to provide these "insights".

Any way, many thanks.

bjc

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

bjc2read, thanks for that lengthy info. Personally, I would like to have seen the GB go through their plans without interruption because it would have 'gradually' raise one hell of a stir among the friends. Remember the org. encourages it's flock not to doubt or ask questions.

For the org. to change it's views no matter how slightly about the UN, would have 'planted' seeds of doubt. As it is, it's kept 'hidden' from the friends. For the org. to expose/reveal their attachment to ANY part of the UN would have caused severe damage. It would only solidify what the so-called apostates have been saying about them all along! It would have been a wide spread topic among the witnesses to discuss and think about. This would severly detract from their preaching activity.

The point I'm making is this, it would have been the opening for tons of JW's to question other doctrines and practices that GB has been spoon-feeding them. The org. would also have open the doors for others to listen to these so-called apostates! As soon as you mention apostates all mental doors close. By the org. admitting it's membership in the UN, they would have shot themselves in the foot! Yes, it is a two-edge sword. Just thinking to myself.

What say you?

Guest 77

• benext
    benext

The WT has always taught that Armageddon is God's war, initiated by God coming on the heels of the Great Tribulation. Now I'm going to have to get a June 1 mag. to see what this is about. Does anyone have a program for the District Convention? Perhaps the talk titles will shed some "light."

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Hi Guest 77:

I tend to agree with you on that one.

bjc

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Francois,

Good catch on the "greedy eye". I agree that it is a paranoia-induced fear that someone is after their prime real estate. Remember Ciro's speculation in his infamous post-9/11 talk:

And then you have the minister of finance. Ooooh, look at him. "Oooh, if we confiscate all their possessions it could help us to meet our financial budget. That would be good for the country.
    We should stamp them out, you see." And that's all possibilities, my friends.
    And Satan can use the political powers to attack and carry out his injurious scheme.

What's the point? Brothers, we should expect them to despoil us of our human rights.
    We should expect them to confiscate all of Jehovah's belongings and close down and take possession of all our branches, factories, depots, kingdom halls, assembly halls, everything. Don't make any mistake about it. We are all in this together. We have a common enemy.

I dare say he sounded worried that he might himself become homeless. (I'm sure he got himself all worked up and nervous about getting kicked out of his home after the UN/NGO fiasco.) At least Ciro sounds a little (but only a little) less like the scared sycophant he was 25 years ago.

Gamaliel

• proplog2
    proplog2

Francios:

The most important point here is that the Watchtower can play fast & loose with interpreting prophecy but if the rank & file speculate they get their "spiritual" throat cut.

Back in the 1950's there was much more tolerance for speculation. Everyone had a pet theory and there were no consequences if you talked to others about it.

I think the intolerance started to take shape as Fred Franz grew in importance. As the self proclaimed oracle he felt he had the Urim & Thumim in his personal possession. When they went out on a limb with the 1975 prediction (Life Everlasting Book 1966) Franz was fully in charge of the prophecy business. You can pretty much figure how his self delusion worked:

1. His basic premise is SINCE- this IS God's organization.

2. AND SINCE- Everyone is placed in their position by Holy Spirit.

3. AND SINCE -By 1960 it was over 40 years since 1914 so the end had to be close.

4. AND SINCE- God wouldn't allow his people to be misled so close to the end.

5. AND SINCE -Franz was the smartest of the top ranks and spent his time reading AND nobody could argue succesfully against him AND there was no peer review.

6. THEREFORE: Anything that popped into Franz's head had to be from God and was not to be questioned.

Franz is dead. At least the "old" light emerged from ONE twisted brain. It is clear that since Franz's death they have been drifting. No one has the sapiential authority to make serious changes.

• metatron
    metatron

Aulicino is the same bozo who rambled on vaguely about some Muslim nation/nations as being the King of the North.

Another false prophecy - although at least the gerontocrats have enough sense not to widely publicize such stupid

speculations, in the decades following 1975.

My, my, my! The deepening senescence of this cult is quietly trying to cover over every 'sharp edge' while the confused,

ivory tower leadership cower, wondering what will happen next!

metatron

• Room 215
    Room 215

Here's another example of Prov. 4:118 in reverse -- the change in ``this generation" being another prominent example -- that rather than bringing a particular teaching into sharper focus, a more hazy, ambiguous teaching supplants a more dogmatic one..... and the ``light is getting brighter?"

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

Thanks for this alert, UnDf'd. This looks, at last, to be the inevitable revision the Society has been under the gun for for some time now. The problem though, for me anyway, is that the excerpts you provide are such minuscule, truncated snippets that I cannot objectively evaluate the material for myself---which I am anxious to do! Any chance you can provide considerably more and verbatim context surrounding these statements?

Thanks again!

AMNESIAN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit