New Light on the United Nations (U.N.) (Scarlet Beast)

by UnDisfellowshipped 126 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I find this interesting that the King of the North is now going to try and kill the JWs instead of the scarlet coloured wild beast. Very interesting.

Thank you for this thread "undfed" and all those who have posted to it.

Keep in mind I am not a JW or exJW. So sometimes I don't quite keep up on all this doctrine crap.

But something caught me a little funny about the Babylon the Great thingy in the special talk. I thought Babylon the Great fell in 1919.

And now, according to this talk on April 27, 2003 Babylon is gonna fall? Meaning it has not fallen yet?

Have I got that wrong or is this "new light" (Caution - loaded language in use) too?

Thanks in advance.

hawk

p.s. - If "wannaexit" is reading this, I have sent you a private email through this board and is in your "inbox" - note upper left corner of screen

• one
    one

According to wt most published interpretation

KS = USA +

KN = URSS (but now in dobut)

KN hear reports (increased jw members in their land) from...that would upset him, motivating an attack on jw, supported by the fact that jw have been mostly banned in KN territory.

• sf
    sf

Who gave this talk undissed? What rank does he hold in the cong? Tell me privately if you are more comfortable?

This is insanity at it's finest! And I want all media to WITNESS this terrorism!

sKally

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

BTTT to see if I can get an answer to my question.

Thanks in advance.

hawk

• riz
    riz

Francois said:

Some battle this is going to be. Sounds like a matchup between "The Rock" and Don Knotts.

boy, did I get a laugh outta that one!

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Hi Undisfellowshipped:

There was absolutely NO mention of the United Nations or the Scarlet-Colored Wild Beast in the entire Talk about Babylon being destroyed!

At the beginning of his Talk, the Brother said: "Babylon the Great will be destroyed by Political Powers".

Then, later in the Talk, he said that "Jehovah was going to send Jesus and the angels, and Jesus and the angels would DIRECTLY destroy Babylon the Great."

Thanks, for the quote above.

Here is where we have to put on our "thinking caps", I believe. It is vital that we do this immediately so that we can be alert for what is to happen next, as I believe we reach "critical mass" within the JW Organization.

Many have commented that they didn't hear any of this. They say, the speaker in their particular congregations didn't say the same thing that you heard, when they got their particular version of the Special Talk, right?

Maybe something unusual is going on here.

Remember this point made by "Bible Examiner".

"...A "significant re-adjustment" in Watchtower dicta is in the works. Is it important? How so? If you do want to know, then take the time to read the following information, for doctrine is the motivation behind everything that is "Watchtower", and recent happenings within Watchtower-world shed light on the future course of the great ship Watchtower. ...

...So, it's no wonder that the Watchtower is going to change this self-contradictory nonsense by way of sermons given by COs instead of announcing it outright by way of their "channel" journal the Watchtower magazine. After the COs have made their rounds and given "new light" to congregations on a one-at -a-time basis, then the Watchtower can safely discuss Matthew chapter 24 with their new doctrine, and nobody will notice….So they thought! "

Now, here was the main point "BibleExaminer" brought out for us:

"...The CO is giving a talk that in summary says that the allegory of so many years is now GONE. He is teaching that there is no "second" and "greater" fulfillment of Matthew 24:15-16 but that it was fulfilled in complete in the first century, and ONLY UPON JEWRY."

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/9882/117571/post.ashx#117571

A Circuit Overseer was going around, "on a one-on-one basis", teaching this "new light" from the platform. Info, "new light" if you will, on the United Nations Organization. Now how do you suppose he was able to do this, unless first he was "granted permission" to do so from you know who, the WTS itself. (No C.O. that I know, would be stupid enough to think he could teach what amounts to "apostasy" on the UN, bring out his own "new light" from his own opinion, and think he could get away with it!) So we can reasonably conclude, he was given permission to do this.

On that basis, we can call it "regional sampling" or testing on the GB's part. "Testing out the waters" in a particular region (obviously for damage control purposes in case something goes wrong). That's why everybody didn't hear the same thing at the Special Talk. The material was switched, depending upon the area you lived in.

Also, how about these vague and subtle statements appearing in the June 1st, to the same effect that if we actually say specifically the UN carries out the destruction, in the role of the "8th King" and/or the "Scarlet-Colored Wild Beast", if we say specifically then we are "speculating"? JWs have been saying this for many years now. The publications used to say it. But now, to say it is "speculating". Hmmmmmm.

And why would such a statement appear in the June 1st magazine, which by the way, is a "study article" too, so no one will miss it? Why is that particular "directive" there in the first place?

How about the conspicuous ABSENCE of any mention of the UN for some strange reason, in this Special Talk on "Babylon The Great"? Normally, any talk on a subject of this magnitude also covers the notorious "wild beast"/UN attack too, doesn't it? Normally speaking, it does. The UN is always mentioned in these Special Talks on such subjects, as I recall. But we don't find any mention of the UN in this particular Special Talk. Why?

And finally, how about the conspicuous ABSENSE of any mention of the UN for some strange reason in the June 1st Watchtower, where they told us not to "speculate" on such things like who is going to do the actual "attacking". (As if they didn't think we'd notice.) Why?

Yes, I think it is reasonable to conclude that they are ready to change this doctrine alright.

Now compare all this with a revealing recent comment from "Gamaliel" on another thread.

...I just mainly wanted to add that I just spoke last week with two very knowledgable old friends from Bethel (both worked in Writing for many years). One friend especially talked about the aging of the GB, the subtle changes to doctrine for PR and legal purposes, the possibility of JW reform and mainstreaming the religion for survival. He sees very serious trouble.

"Subtle changes to doctrine ...very serious trouble."

Now lets add the final, the most important ingredient:

It has recently been revealed that the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses secretly agreed for the WTS to become NGOs with the UN for a 10 year period.

Along that line, a G.B. member (M. Henschel) is reported to have flashed a UN ID card at assembly overseas showing United Nations "Diplomatic Status", when asked to identify himself to worldly authorities. Or how about the reports we are hearing of G.B. giving the okay for themselves and Missionaries to use UN's Airplanes to travel overseas, etc., etc.

When we think about it my friend, and put it all together, it all makes sense. The G.B. wants to use the UN Organization, with all of its prestige, power and privileges, just like all of the churches are doing and have been doing for years and years now.

So if we put our thinking caps on, yes then, we can safely bet or reason out the fact that the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses does want to change this doctrine (on the Disgusting UN "beast"). And have wanted to do so for some time now. But here's the problem.

How do you "break the news" to the brothers? How do you make such a serious, earthshaking change in doctrine such as this, without incurring great "fallout" from the brothers? How do you do this without creating tremendous upheavals in the organization, who has long built a great disdain and outright HATRED for the United Nations Organization? A HATRED and DISDAIN that you, the Governing Body itself, have instilled and cultivated in these brothers for over 80 years. How do you overcome such a situation?

Remember, this is a teaching that the WTS has promulgated and heralded ever since 1921 or over 80 years? It is a teaching that literally saturates, permeates ALL OF THEIR PRINTED PUBLICATIONS. They have become widely known for this particular brand of iconoclastic "preaching against idols" and fiery condemnations to political institutions to many as a lasting legacy for themselves. And now, before 15 million readers of the Watchtower magazine, before the whole earth, they want to change!

Indeed, by all accounts, to make this change, this is not going to be an easy mountain to climb, even for the powerful Governing Body, if you know what I mean.

bjc

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Great information again BJC! Thanks!

Now I'll post my replies to a few other people's comments:

xjw_b12 said:

Unfortunately I no longer have the publications to go back and research myself, but if the 1988 Revelation book contained little or no mention of the UN, and the quotes you provided from the 2000 Isaiah book mentions ' nations that are members of the UN ' could it be that as early as 1987 the GB 's hard line against the UN was going through a metamorphosis....... shifting suspicion from the UN to its member nations ?

It is possible, however, the 1988 Revelation Book contained a lot of very direct statements against the U.N. Organization itself -- here are a couple:

Revelation - Its Grand Climax At Hand! Book (1988), Page 254:

Notice that the scarlet-colored wild beast “is also itself an eighth king.” Thus, the United Nations today is designed to look like a world government.

[...]

...the time will come when the UN will act with considerable authority. Then it, in its turn, “goes off into destruction.”

Page 258:

Yes, the nations will use the scarlet-colored wild beast, the United Nations, in destroying Babylon the Great. They do not act on their own initiative, for Jehovah puts it into their hearts “even to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast.” When the time comes, the nations will evidently see the need to strengthen the United Nations. They will give it teeth, as it were, lending it whatever authority and power they possess so that it can turn upon false religion and fight successfully against her “until the words of God will have been accomplished.” Thus, the ancient harlot will come to her complete end. And good riddance to her!

Page 279:

With the desolating of Babylon the Great, the great tribulation will already have started. Then, urged on by Satan, the scarlet-colored wild beast and its ten horns will concentrate their attack on Jehovah’s people. The Devil, more wrathful than ever at God’s womanlike organization, is determined to use his dupes in waging war to a finish with the remaining ones of her seed. (Revelation 12:17) This is Satan’s last opportunity!

2. The Devil’s vicious assault is vividly described in Ezekiel chapter 38. There, the debased Satan is called “Gog of the land of Magog.”

Room 215 said:

Undisfellowshipped, the speaker didn't actually say those things, did he?? That would have been one to have gotten on tape! I can just see his bloodshot eyes bulging as he strove for emphasis! What hallucinatory delusions, and I guess we can presume he wan't medicated, right?

I definitely should have taken a Tape Recorder with me -- I was not expecting to hear anything like what I heard! Yes, he actually said those things, and it shocked me that he was so threatening.

Hawkaw said:

I find this interesting that the King of the North is now going to try and kill the JWs instead of the scarlet coloured wild beast. Very interesting.
    Thank you for this thread "undfed" and all those who have posted to it.
    Keep in mind I am not a JW or exJW. So sometimes I don't quite keep up on all this doctrine crap.
    But something caught me a little funny about the Babylon the Great thingy in the special talk. I thought Babylon the Great fell in 1919.
    And now, according to this talk on April 27, 2003 Babylon is gonna fall? Meaning it has not fallen yet?
    Have I got that wrong or is this "new light" (Caution - loaded language in use) too?
    Thanks in advance.
    hawk

From what I gather, the Watchtower Society teaches that Babylon the Great had a "Fall" in 1919 when Babylon was forced to free the JWs from its captivity (something like that), but then, at the Great Tribulation, Babylon will have a "Great Fall" when it is completely destroyed. Here's a Quote:

The Watchtower, March 1, 2001, Pages 18-19:In our day Isaiah’s prophetic words well describe what has happened to "Babylon the Great" since 1919. That elevated town suffered a humiliating fall in that year when it was forced to release Jehovah’s people from spiritual captivity. (Revelation 14:8)

SF said:
    Who gave this talk undissed? What rank does he hold in the cong? Tell me privately if you are more comfortable?
    This is insanity at it's finest! And I want all media to WITNESS this terrorism!

I cannot believe I forgot to write down the Speaker's name! They mentioned his name about three times during the Meeting, but I didn't write it down. If I go to that Congregation again, I will definitely see if I can get his name, and then send you a Private Message.

He was an older guy.

I am pretty sure that he was an Elder, because I have heard that only Elders are supposed to give these "Special Talks".

Yes, I think the Media should definitely hear about those statements!

• Faraon
    Faraon
    Gog of Magog is identified as Satan the Devil in his debased condition since 1914.

Yes, Gog of Magog came into a debased condition since his prophecy about the governments turning against certain church and starting the end of the world in 1914 did not come true

As a spirit creature, he cannot carry out his attack directly, but will use human agencies to do his deeds. Who will these human agencies be?

Maybe they will be located in NY. Will use the name of Jehovah in vain, kill countless amounts of people by denying them transfusions, vaccines and organ transplants, and drive them into suicide by their shunning techniques; break up families by ending the Natural Love amongst their followers, etc .

The Bible does not give us details, yet it does give us certain indications that can help us to identify who they will be. As world events unfold in fulfilment of Bible propecies, we gradually get an ever clearer picture.

Yes, people are beginning to clearly see that they have been lied to constantly by the witchtower.

Jehovah's people avoid speculation but remain spiritually alert, fully aware of political and religious developments that fit into the framework of Bible prophecy."

Unfortunately they are beginning to see how many times they’ve prophesied wrongly, and leaving the Borg in larger quantities. Our coffers are beginning to dry out, but don’t worry: there are suckers born every day.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Great post Faraon!

bttt

• AGuest
    AGuest
    The Watchtower, June 1, 2003 Issue, Page 20, Paragraph 11:

"Gog of Magog is identified as Satan the Devil in his debased condition since 1914.

These folk's propagandic rhetoric never ceases to amaze me (may you all have peace!). Inkie is right, and Satan CAN'T be "Gog of Magog"... because it is he who MISLEADS Gog... and Magog... into gathering for the War at HarMaggedon.

Revelation 20:8

Ah, nevermind...

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit