The NEW "Bible Teach" book

by Oubliette 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Trent Duvall
    Trent Duvall
    Very interesting grade-point analysis Oubliette. The agenda here is Dim-Down, Dumb-Down. I have heard of simplified Chinese, High and Low German and so on but now we have Simplified English? Its a new contrivance and totally unnecessary unless you are writing technical publications for robots to understand and for some other alternative technical reasons...but for educational purposes? The jury is out for me on this one..
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Heaven, if you like "Stellaluna," consider "Verde" by the same author, Janell Cannon. It's about a young green snake with lots of energy that desperately doesn't want to become an old, boring yellow snake like all of his elders. Does he stay young and green forever?

Glorious illustrations on every page done in "Liquatex acrylics and Prismacolor pencils."

• steve2
    steve2

"Teach Us Book: The first provision is a new 224-page publication entitled What Can the Bible Teach Us? It is based on the book What Does the Bible Really Teach? The Teach Us book does not replace the Bible Teach book.

Time was when the Watchtower Society at least claimed to base new publications on the Bible. Now they base them on earlier publications.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Switch that: he's a young yellow snake that doesn't want to become an old green.
  • Village Idiot
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Steve2: Time was when the Watchtower Society at least claimed to base new publications on the Bible. Now they base them on earlier publications.

Great catch!

Yeah, they've done this for a long time as you observed, but they didn't always admit it!

The current WT leadership are uninspired (in every sense of the word), completely lacking in creativity and clearly without any original ideas of their own.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Steve2:
    The current WT leadership are uninspired (in every sense of the word), completely lacking in creativity and clearly without any original ideas of their own.

Gone are the good old days of Freddie Franz. Which makes me wonder, did the quality of their writing go down after his death?

• sir82
    sir82

They recognize that their "growth", such as it is, will have to come from 3rd world countries, where the populace is poorly educated.

Thinking of their recruiting efforts, it makes sense to produce a super simple study book. It's also easier to translate.

But yeah, for the millions of educated (well, let's say "literate") JWs, they are really lowering the bar.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is my contention that they are targeting , not so much the "challenged" but the foreign language field in Europe and possibly the U.S...If English is not your first language, then it is going to be much easier to understand this book.

I am sick of elders rubbing their hands with glee at the news of untold numbers of immigrants coming to Europe. "What a new field of Witnessing!" they chortle.."Since we can't preach openly over there, Jehovah is sending them over here!"

• clarity
    clarity
    We had quite an increase of immigrants from the Philippines who suddenly appeared round about town a few years ago ....wow those witness ladies were all over those guys with simplified watchtowers & flyers ...oh ya an easy mark, They were so many & eager to please the Canadian benefactors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit