The NEW "Bible Teach" book

by Oubliette 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fukitol
    fukitol

These dumbed down publications are mostly aimed at third world countries or refugees from those countries with less literacy and education I'd say.

• Ding
    Ding

I wasn't referring to an analysis of readability.

I was asking if anyone has done a substantive analysis regarding changes in doctrine, changes in emphasis, etc.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I ran the OP just for the fun of it and this is what I got:

"A grade level (based on the USA education system) is equivalent to the number of years of education a person has had. A score of around 10-12 is roughly the reading level on completion of high school. Text to be read by the general public should aim for a grade level of around 8."

Readability Formula

Grade

Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level

Gunning-Fog Score

Coleman-Liau Index

SMOG Index

Automated Readability Index

Average Grade Level

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

That's funny Village Idiot!

You probably know this but, I'm not aiming for the general public. I aim is a little higher! ... lol

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    GB Rubbermouth must have written it, he had to be sure that he could understand it himself.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ding: I wasn't referring to an analysis of readability. I was asking if anyone has done a substantive analysis regarding changes in doctrine, changes in emphasis, etc.

Gotcha!

I'll leave that laborious task to someone else. I do know that 607 B.C.E. is still in there.

Keep in mind that the current GB don't have an original idea amongst them. It's pretty clear that all of the current changes--which are 100% form and zero content--are coming from outside sources. Everything has the fingerprints of marketing consultants all over it.

• username
    username

Study condutor: Arrrrrgh! Arrrrrgh!

Student: Doh! Doh!

Study conductor: arrrrgh arrrrgh arrrrgh!

Student: ugggg ugggg ugggg!

Study conductor. Arrrrgh arrrrgh arrrrgh (congratulations you now qualify to be baptised as one of the Borg - sorry! I meant Jehovah's Witnesses,) Arrrrgh arrrrgh!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Oub,

It's interesting that you did this research, thanks for that. I am not surprised it's aimed for 11 yr olds.

I actually mentioned it in another thread that I think WT is targeting pre teens....and have them baptised and trapped at a younger age than normal.

By the time a child is 14/15 they have already identified it's nonsense in many cases.....so less teens are getting baptised.

Kate xx

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Kate: I actually mentioned it in another thread that I think WT is targeting pre teens....and have them baptised and trapped at a younger age than normal.

That is a distinct possibility. Good call!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Now I want to get that book "Stellaluna" even more that I did before. Adding it to my Amazon cart now.

I have "Bats at the Beach" and various other children's books. I love illustrated children's books. I'd much rather read these than any of Botchtower's publications any day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit