Love is like God.

by The Rebel 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thank you for your reply Cofty.

To my question 1 & 2 you answerd Eh? My 3rd question completely lost you.

Now as I write I imagine you as an English gentleman, a pipe smoker, a kind hearted and friendly man, who has immediate understanding and sympathy, for each posters problems and you are keen to teach.

I am sure we each have a perception of the poster we reply to?

So imagine me as a poor refugee with limited education? or imagine me as a psychiatrist? Without this " refusal to visualise each poster, as an individual, with individual education and such thoughts" our comments are ONLY justified from our point of view, and I understand why you said " Eh" to my earlier posts.

The Rebel.

• cofty
    cofty

I'm am Scottish and I have never smoked a pipe in my life.

I said eh? because you go to great lengths to avoid saying things plainly.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

@rebel- my comment was not directed towards you at all. Simon has efficiently handled the situation i was mentioning ;)

that aside, i continue to follow this thread but im not sure i have anything further to add. I follow your posts rebel because i believe your are sincere and dont mind discussing these things with you but its clear we are of differing views regarding god. Once we have discussed a topic im willing to let our exchange stand as it is. To pursue it further would feel like an argument that neither of us intends.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Cofty you say " I go to great lengths to avoid saying things plainly"

The Rebel. Noted.

Now kindly give me a plain answer to one of the 3 questions I plainly asked you on page two of this thread.

That question COFTY is.

Can the existence of God be explained scientifically?

The Rebel.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    And my freedom with this railway ticket, is to accept the farmers can teach me to milk cows, and a sailor can teach me to sail a ship, but from a scholarly point of view on God too much thinking is shit, because the philosophers be it athiest or believers in God or Love can't proove a thing in words.

Well, you're certainly proving true your comments about your lack of quality thinking and seem determined to remain in that state.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Love is like a box of choco-lates...

You never know what your gonna get....

• cofty
    cofty
    Can the existence of God be explained scientifically?

God doesn't exist so how could it?

I gave you a link to a long thread where I present the best evidence against the god of theism...

• Viviane
    Viviane
    the Rebel ( A) Millions of believers and non believers may prefer to inhale and exhale the breath and the beauty of being alive, to " intellectual" thinking that is nothing more than the monotonous adding up of numbers. They can still appreciate " the wonder and magnificence of life, the universe and everything" perhaps often even more so?

So you admit you aren't intellectual and haven't attempted to ever be so, yet feel comfortable making (erroneous) assertions about something you are ignorant of.

Do you see the problem?

• bradford
    bradford

God - cannot be proven or dis-proven. Therefore, it is left open to a person to make up anything they want to believe on the matter. Why else would we have millions of different gods existing by those that believe in them?

• Viviane
    Viviane

This is just another thread with Rebel seeking validation for his intellectual laziness to sooth the sting from the moon landing thread.

He is trying to convince himself and have someone agree that being intellectually lazy and making baseless and uninformed judgements is equivalent to learning and educating ones self.

It is a fools errand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit