Love is like God.

by The Rebel 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Rebel: I want to establish that without conclusive scientific proof on what love or God is...

So you want to ignore the comment that cofty made.

Is there any scientific evidence that love ...exist?

cofty:
    Yes. The chemicals that result in feelings of affection and loyalty are well known as are the precise genes that code for them.
    There are 2 species of vole that have very different family arrangements. In one the male plays no part in raising the offspring while in the other the male bonds for life. Scientists can manipulate the genes to cause the opposite behaviour.

As harsh as you may take it, Rebel, my earlier comment stands. You are chosing to ignore the proof that is given to you. You are only trying to force your opinion on this board and have no interest when others give you the proof that you claim doesn't exist.

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic

Is there any scientific evidence that love ...exist?

In the case of majority, love doesn’t exist. The days of wine and roses soon devolve into days of whine and neuroses! Relationships are breaking down at an alarming rate. The `love' people in general declare is actually selfishness. People only love themselves. The child or spouse caters to you so you say you love them. When they no longer cater to your demands, love ceases.

Yet as an exception, love exists in very few people. I have experienced a real help from somebody who did not want anybody else to know about. This love is the reflection of the greater love we call God from whom all good qualities flow. This is not a dogmatic view—it’s my experience.

Our experience is that one thing leads to another. Whether an observer should acknowledge it or not matters not. A boulder rolls down a hill. A man stops it and holds it midway. If he takes his hands off, it will roll down again. Here, nothing is moving; yet, something is happening. The man holding the boulder from sliding is an event that is happening. Of course, no change is manifest. Yet,s omething is going on. Cards arranged as a pyramid are still. But a lot is still taking place. Forces act in various directions,n ullifying each other. It is a passive event. Antarctica is mostly still, which is the effect of the equilibrium of the underlying forces heat, gravity, etc and not absolute or independent. Few perceptible changes, yet many imperceptible forces. Ergo, an event may not involve a change perceptible to us. At times, nothing changes, yet an event may be taking place, passively. How does one know there is an event going on when it is passive? Develop senses. Develop devices. Do whatever. But be less sure while saying nothing is going on or a Heavenly Daddy does’nt exist just because it/He is imperceptible. Events have always happened as an unbroken cause: as an effect chain, not always perceptible, from time zero. Perceptibility is but one not the only norm by which to conclude something happened or somebody exists. Eyes of understanding can perceive what is not perceived by the senses.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

OrphanCrow I assure you I don't take any of your comments harshly. I can also assure you I certainly have not ignored any of the comments Cofty has made and I am sure Cofty will agree on that? In fact on the contrary I am looking forward to Coftys replys to our communication. You also say I am trying to force my opinion on this board. Please then clarify what that opinion is?

My opinion is that without scientific proof of what love or God is then people should be allowed to believe what they want to believe.

The Rebel.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Iconoclastic, it would be remiss of me not to reply to your post. So how can I answer? In my opinion your post is neither madness nor blindness, and I get your observation on Ego. If I am honest I think you are floating in a strange wonderful new experience, but I don't get it.

The Rebel.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

"Morpheus, if you go through life looking at everything through your own eye`s & never through the eye`s of a child, it is because you have neglected to humble yourself, & therefore you never see the wonder or beauty around you & you never learn the things that only a child can teach."

how very arrogant of you to assume im not humble or do not see the wonder in the world around me

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Well said Morpheus. I have respected each and every post you have made on any thread I have ever read. You make this place more fair and balanced.

The Rebel.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Rebel: OrphanGrow I think your reply was a bit harsh.
    Rebel: OrphanCrow I assure you I don't take any of your comments harshly...

So, which is it?

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

My reply to OpenCrows above comment " So which one is it?"

Geees.

post one I wrote " I think your reply was harsh"

post two I wrote " I assure you I don't take your comments harshly"

So to answer " OpenCrow" in both your posts your reply was harsh, but I chose not to take either harshly. Can you understand that?

My point of this thread is that maybe we are all only little insects climbing the Himalayas, and therefore maybe we shouldn't talk so loud about right or wrong, when our opinions are only opinions. So until further notice and conclusive evidence on what love or God is people should be allowed to believe what they want to believe?

The Rebel.

• vinman
    vinman
    Sabin: Those words were beautiful. True, scientists can tell us the "how", but not the "why". My children are crying becase they desparately want me to love them. I just don't have the time to mess with them. Oh, I forgot, I will just take them to the lab and have them give my children a dose of those "love" chemicals in the syringe. Just saying...
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Rebel: You see your answer was harsh..

I did not see my answer as harsh. You were the one who labelled it as such.

Can you understand that?

*oh...the edit button strikes again...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit