Love is like God.

by The Rebel 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

Love is like God. It might feel like it for you, but god feels more like truth and consequences to me.

• cofty
    cofty
    icon go away with your Brahma Kumaris cult gibberish. Nobody gives a fuck
  • iconoclastic
    iconoclastic

Cofty,

When I touch your greatest problem ('when you heard the first reports on the radio about the Asian tsunami' your faith in the existence of God evaporated), you feel uneasy with my background (not with my reasoning). If not now, you can think of my reasoning later, or dismiss the idea totally. What is the use dismissing me which is a validation of disfellowshipping practice of Jehovah’s Witnesses?

Face opposing views philosophically, with majesty (not with muscle power).

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Seriously icon, are you another brama guy?
  • iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    Dear Morpheus

I have already answered to this question when Bonsai asked the same to me a few days ago

(http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/484510003/what-death-teaches?size=10&page=2)

[BK BS removed]

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Well, yet again the religious bring nothing to the table. Is anyone surprised at the fallaciously simple argument they present when they argue that you should be like a child?
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

The Rebels:- conclusion.

Neither this thread nor other threads I have followed on subjects like God, Love, Spirit have convinced me with scientific proof of the subjects existence or non-existence.

The reason I have reached this conclusion is that I consider the answer SUBJECTIVE. and that there is no scientifically agreed measurement.

Therefore what ever you believe I hope that goes well for you, Neither side can irrefutably scientifically make their point.

Love can be defined in many ways most of which can't be scientifically proven. However with love I am more at ease with its instinctive emotion than rationalising it.

So my observation is the threads debating God are a throw back to our witness mindset, when we were being over zelouse about being right, even though we were in fact wrong. More importantly as witnesses, very rarely did we change another's viewpoint and I am sure we are all grateful for that.

The Rebel.

• cofty
    cofty
    Neither this thread nor other threads I have followed on subjects like God, Love, Spirit have convinced me with scientific proof of the subjects existence or non-existence.

Looking for "proof" of love or god is a fool's errand. But you already knew that and had no interest in having your comfy worldview disturbed.

Proof belongs to mathematicians. In every other field of human knowledge we come to decisions based on the balance of evidence. There is overwhelmingly strong evidence that the god of theism does not exist. There is absolutely no evidence that it does exist.

Love is nothing like god. Love is an emotion. God is an imaginary construct.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    So the answer is yes. I trust that by drawing attention to your proselytizing for that sect (again) you will be banned (again).
  • Viviane
    Viviane

As the moon landing thread showed, Rebel, what you conclude is irrelevant. You've done no work to investigate how science works, not thought about the question and don't even understand why you're in the category of "cake + blue = unicorn" or, in other words, not even wrong.

Equating your lack of investigation, critical thinking and understanding with the rest of us by claiming "witness like behavior" is emphatically wrong and ridiculous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit