1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War

by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• Makena1
    Makena1

I guess its my childhood on JW brainwashing that keeps me enslaved to a "nuetral" state of mind. However, the more I hear, read and research the more I am proud to be an American. True, the US's hands are far from clean as far as international relations. However, I just do not understand the French, Dutch and other countries the US helped liberate.

Farkel wrote: The French leaders will be eating snails and frogs (as usual) and trying to figure out how to deal themselves into the war spoils and bitching that they won't get shit from it, because they didn't do shit.

Well said based upon what the French leaders have said.

Again, I have always tried to be nuetral, unbiased as far as nationalities go - but the French in particular are really pissing me off!!!!

As some of you know, I really enjoy good wine. I think I have a pretty good knowledge of California, Oregon and Washington wines. That said, I know very little about French and Italian wines, and have had a goal of getting better acquainted with them. Well, the current political situation has soured me on anything French. I am sure they national economy will suffer accordingly! LOL

All best,

Mak

• animal
    animal

I thought you were leaving?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/48361/682993/post.ashx#682993

Just curious.

Animal

• Robdar
    Robdar

I thought you were leaving?

Gee, Animal, do you want me to leave? I left for about a day earlier this week. Did you miss me? I found a way around my predicament for now. I may have to leave again later though.

Love,

Robyn

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Robdar. Glad you're still around.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Robdar. Glad you're still around. El Kabong How very sweet of you to say that. I am glad to be here too. Thank you. Love, Robyn

• email
    email

Hi Robyn,

Funny you say this:

The conservative press would like us to believe that 76% of Americans support this war with Iraq. Sorry, but I think that the press is lying.

Because it's NOT the "conservative press" which is more Liberal than you think... but the Gallup poll confirms it.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr030321.asp

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    BTW, nobody has turned against our men and women in uniform.

Robyn, that's not quite accurate. While the majority of those opposed to the current action here say they support the troops, a couple have stated they deserve no support whatsoever and one even stated F*** the soldiers. It pleases me to see these couple are not representative of the majority of those opposed.

After Vietnam, not only were we spit on when coming home, both physically and emotionally, some even went so far to see some vets missing limbs and tell them to their faces that it was too bad they didn't die there, that they should have for going. The vilification of the Vietnam Veteran was totally uncalled for and in most cases, not even true. The myths about us still abound and many don't care for the truth, preferring the myth instead. I'm glad those opposed to the war are making strides this time to not take it out on the individual members of the Armed Services this time. Just as it is unfair to label all those opposed to the war as "commie bastards," it is equally unfair to label all those who support it as "warmongers," "idiots," "morons," "baby killers," and such.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Email,

Liberal press? Thanks for the laugh!

Why don't you do a little research and find out how accurate the first Gallup poll was? If memory serves me correctly, the first Gallup poll was conducted when Truman ran against Dewey.

I just did a little research and found this: http://www.uh.edu/admin/engines/epi1199.htm Thanks for posting. Robyn

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Hey Robyn I am with you all the way. I think I will go out and buy an anti war pin and wear it.

Your Pal

Will

• Robdar
    Robdar

Robyn, that's not quite accurate. While the majority of those opposed to the current action here say they support the troops, a couple have stated they deserve no support whatsoever and one even stated F*** the soldiers. It pleases me to see these couple are not representative of the majority of those opposed.

Dakota,

You are correct. I should have said that I do not know anybody who doesn't support our troops.

Just as it is unfair to label all those opposed to the war as "commie bastards," it is equally unfair to label all those who support it as "warmongers," "idiots," "morons," "baby killers," and such.

Amen, brother Lew. You are preaching to the choir.

Hey Robyn I am with you all the way. I think I will go out and buy an anti war pin and wear it.

Right on!!! Will, thanks for showing solidarity. peace5.gif

Love,

Robyn

Well, I must be off to the rally/march scheduled for this afternoon. Thank you all for your interesting and thoughtful posts to my thread. I'll catch you later....God bless America!

Love,

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit