1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War

by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• jelly
    jelly

Robyn,

I don't know of anyone attempting to deny your right to protest peacefully. I do know of some protestors that attempt to deny my right to criticize them. Free speech runs both directions.

Terry

• Farkel
    Farkel

robdar,

: I went to my first peace rally and march tonight. It was incredible. At one time there were probably 350 of us all joined in solidarity. About 3/4 of the many people who drove by, honked their support. The conservative press would like us to believe that 76% of Americans support this war with Iraq. Sorry, but I think that the press is lying.

You are such a nice person, and I like you and respect you. That being said, you are clueless about this situation. Did you know that today the House of Representatives (435 members) voted overwhelmingly to support our President in this action? (Only 11 voted against it). Did you also know that the Senate (100 members) voted 99 to 0 to support our President in this operation?

Will you capitulate if and when Sadaam's WMD are found and shown to the world? Will you capitulate if and when Sadaam's and his son's personal and private torture chambers are found?

Sadaam swore he had no Scud missiles and it was so stated in the document he presented to the UN. On the first day of our invasion, he launched those same missiles he SWORE he didn't have.

He played a losing hand and he now must pay for it. If he hasn't already.

The Iraqi people will be freed, and they will cheer our troops by the hundreds of thousands, or more for freeing them.

The French leaders will be eating snails and frogs (as usual) and trying to figure out how to deal themselves into the war spoils and bitching that they won't get shit from it, because they didn't do shit.

Farkel

• Robdar
    Robdar

Free speech runs both directions.

Jelly,

I haven't seen anybody say differently in this thread. If you have, please point it out.

Robyn

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Mulan, I didn't see that. In a way, I'm glad I didn't because I would have been crying my eyes out for them. Then again, I should watch things such as that. If we burry our heads in the sand we will not know what is actually going on in the world.

FREEDOM FOR THE IRAQI PEOPLE!!!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    But there are many Americans who would deny the French their right to protest.

Robyn, protesting is the right of every citizen in a free society. However, it also carries with it consequences and if you can't accept those consequences, maybe you shouldn't protest. Boycotting France on purchasing their goods isn't denying them anything, it's just others freedom of expression. We are free to buy or not to buy, as we see fit. They are free to offer them for sale anywhere.

• Robdar
    Robdar

You are such a nice person, and I like you and respect you. That being said, you are clueless about this situation.

Dang, Farkel! You sure know how to make a gal's heart beat faster with them sweet words. Please remember how much I like and admire you while you read my response:

Did you know that today the House of Representatives (435 members) voted overwhelmingly to support our President in this action? (Only 11 voted against it). Did you also know that the Senate (100 members) voted 99 to 0 to support our President in this operation?

Sorry, my friend, but that bit of information doesn't impress me at all. I don't care how many support "our president".

Will you capitulate if and when Sadaam's WMD are found and shown to the world? Will you capitulate if and when Sadaam's and his son's personal and private torture chambers are found?

No, because there won't be enough found to warrant this invasion. Other countries have wmd. We aren't invading them.

The Iraqi people will be freed, and they will cheer our troops by the hundreds of thousands, or more for freeing them

Of course they will be cheering. We have the guns, ammo and tv cameras.

The French leaders will be eating snails and frogs (as usual) and trying to figure out how to deal themselves into the war spoils and bitching that they won't get shit from it, because they didn't do shit.

Well, the French will always act like the French.

Thanks for responding.

Love,

Robyn

• Robdar
    Robdar

Boycotting France on purchasing their goods isn't denying them anything, it's just others freedom of expression. We are free to buy or not to buy, as we see fit. They are free to offer them for sale anywhere.

Dakota, my friend,

I agree totally. Americans do have that right. I am glad that we agree that the French have rights too. I've never bought their products before, but to support their rights, I'm going to start.

Thanks for posting.

Love,

Robyn

• jelly
    jelly

Robdar

But there are many Americans who would deny the French their right to protest.

I dont know any americans that are denying anyones right to protest.Terry

• myself
    myself

tomorrow I am going to express my rights. I am not going to McDonalds and I am not going to eat any french fries.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

LMAO @ myself

and also that one that posts here under the same name

Cmon, myself- are ya sure you don't want fries with that?? ;) ;)

you crack me up!!

XW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit