1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War

by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• Robdar
    Robdar

We cannot have peace and harmony in the world until the threat of terrorism is destroyed.

We have terrorism because there is no peace and harmony. Too many disagreements throughout the world turn into full blown wars. Instead of diligently seeking compromise and peace, we would rather lob a bomb at the countries we disagree with. We are especially prone to do this if that country has something that we covet want.

I know from being a parent that there are many times that it would be easier to pop your smart-ass kid in the mouth than to sincerely take the time to listen to see where your child needs guidance. Sometimes you have to discipline your child in order to ensure that the guidance is not dismissed; but if you pay attention to your child, engage in conversation with your child, you will discover that there are few times that you actually have to lay a hand on him. If you listen, you will be able to get creative when it comes to applying discipline that truly does redirect your child back onto the proper course.

We are a huge, western nation pouncing on a small, middle eastern nation that has conflicting and different agendas than we do. Believe it or not, not everybody wants democracy. ( There some Russians who still believe that Communism was a good thing.)

If we were truly democratic, we would allow the people of Iraq their way of life. When they need our help, we would give it to them instead of denying them the medication that they need for survival. We would pay attention to a culture that is different from ours and would do our best to communicate to them how to alter their destiny, if they want it, instead of raining terror down on them from the skies.

I am not saying that we should love bomb Saddam. But we should listen to him in order to better understand how to communicate or undermine him, if need be.

Among other things, there is a conflict of personalities in charge with this war. It is no secret that the Bush clan hates the Hussein clan. This war can be wrapped in pretty pictures of Iraqi's smiling as we "liberate" them. But that ain't what this war is about. Not really.

Having said all that, I can't change the outcome of this war by protesting. I know that. I can't change people. I can only change myself. Protesting this war is helping me to see what's important to me. It is helping me to see that I am not afraid to stand for my convictions or to die for them. That's a good thing to know about yourself.

If you truly support this war, go support it. Do something, anything, instead of just waving a flag and shouting hooray. If this war is truly what you think it is about, the world needs you. What are you waiting for?

Robyn

• xenawarrior
  • LB
    LB
    You win the ScheißecKopf award, LB.

Can I get some fries with that?

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

Dear Robyn,

In answer to your questions:

Why do you not hold American lives in higher regard?

Because no group of people is more valuable than another

This war is not what Bush and his rich cronies would have you believe

At this point, the reasons we were brought into this war pale to what can be accomplished, I think it is terrible that even though people have fled their homeland, they still live in fear of what a man can do to them or their family members, thousands of miles away. So even though they live here in a free country, they remain silent for years about what they had to endure.

. Got any children in the war, Sadie? Not trying to hurt you here, but if you do, and they die, do you think that the medals and flag that you get from the US Govt is going to make you feel better? Would you really think that it was all worth it in the end

I have five sons and even before the war started, it was a frequent topic at the dinner table. If the draft was started up again, I know two sons now and depending on how long the war lasted, maybe even all 5 could be affected. The sacrifices that our young people are making weigh heavily on my heart and mind.

If I lost a child in the war, I would take comfort in knowing that a person could turn off the televison and not face death for it. A person could look at a poster in a funny way and not face death for it. These and so many other hundred of freedoms we take for granted everyday, would be theirs too. Medals are just symbols.

Sadie-who can't seem to turn off this yellow stuff

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i want some french bread with my french fries, with some french mustard.

• LB
    LB

Let's see if I can get Simon to lock another lousy thread.

Go ahead Charlie, fly the flag of cowards here too.

• Simon
    Simon

... and some nice French wine to wash it down (or Champagne ... even better)

Maybe if the Americans boycott things then we'll get it cheaper ... every cloud has a silver lining

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    fly the flag of cowards here too

Priceless. Peace is for cowards! LOL

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Okay Pleasure- here ya go:

And let's not forget:::

• Simon
    Simon
    Let's see if I can get Simon to lock another lousy thread.

Go ahead Charlie, fly the flag of cowards here too.

I think that speaks volumes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit