1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War

by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• Robdar
    Robdar

After all no use in posting something that is a sign of hope for our kids to make it home safe.

Oh Puh-leez!

• angelkins
    angelkins

Robdar,

How did the day go for you today? I admire your putting yourself out there for your commitment to the cause. Please quit responding to the personal attacks which have nothing to do with the topic. FTITCTAJ.

Carol

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Joseph Hudson POW

I just saw a picture of him on CNN. They interviewed his mom. I feel so bad for her. A mother knows her son and she said he looked very confused and scared.

Please, let's stop focusing on why we do/don't want this war and start focusing on our men. who are over there fighting this war. They need use. Not this petty bickering.

• angelkins
    angelkins

Don't forget the women who are there too.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Forgive me, the women also.

• Robdar
    Robdar

((((((Carol))))))

Thank you for your words of support. And thanks for posting.

Today a friend of mine decided that she wanted to go to the rally with me. So, I went by her house to pick her up. We got there early and I thought that all would be well but there were some harsh words and angry gestures from people that were driving buy. This made my friend very nervous.

She decided that our lives were in danger when a car got too close to the side walk. I don't think that the driver did it on purpose. I think that she was just trying to get a better view of the signs we were carrying. We wound up not staying long (heck, I don't think we stayed 15 minutes) because my friend wanted to go home. So, I took her home and talked with her a little while.

I am going alone to tomorrow's rally. I guess protesting isn't for everyone. She is going to do her part by making me some signs to carry. And she sent me this song that I hope to edit and pass around at the rally for everybody to sing tomorrow.

I know this song is gonna piss off some posters but I also think it is too late for me to be worrying about that. Here it is:

If you cannot find Osama, bomb Iraq" Sung to the tune of "If you're happy and you know it":

If you cannot find Osama, bomb Iraq.
    If the markets are a drama, bomb Iraq.
    If the terrorists are frisky,
    Pakistan is looking shifty,
    North Korea is too risky, Bomb Iraq.
    If we have no allies with us, bomb Iraq.
    If we think someone has dissed us, bomb Iraq.
    So to hell with the inspections,
    Let's look tough for the elections,
    Close your mind and take directions, Bomb Iraq.
    It's "pre-emptive non-aggression", bomb Iraq. Let's prevent this mass destruction, bomb Iraq.
    They've got weapons we can't see, And that's good enough for me
    'Cos it's all the proof I need to Bomb Iraq.
    If you never were elected, bomb Iraq.
    If your mood is quite dejected, bomb Iraq. If you think Saddam's gone mad,
    With the weapons that he had, (And he tried to kill your dad), Bomb Iraq.
    If your corporate fraud is growin', bomb Iraq. If your ties to it are showin', bomb Iraq.
    If your politics are sleazy, And hiding it ain't easy,
    And your manhood's getting queasy, Bomb Iraq.
    Fall in line and follow orders, bomb Iraq.
    For our might knows not our borders, bomb Iraq.
    Disagree? We'll call it treason,
    Let's make war not love this season,
    Even if we have no reason, Bomb Iraq.
    Love, Robyn
  • Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

I'm very afraid for the pow's, I hope they come away safe. Especially the captured woman.

• rmayer32
    rmayer32
    If you cannot find Osama, bomb Iraq" Sung to the tune of "If you're happy and you know it

This thread gets more ridiculous by the day.

Something tells me though if Al Gore was doing this as president lots of people around here would be saying something different. What people need to realize is that no matter who the commander in chief is here, we have our people out there fighting for their lives while trying to free a nation who has been terrorized by their own leaders the past 3 decades. As someone who got a good taste of war when we had to do the same for the people of Kuwait, I salute the cause, and the soldiers, & to people that make up their smart ass little songs, and protests I might suggest you should be happy we don't have an entire nation that think like you otherwise you wouldn't have the right to have your little fun.

-Rick

• Simon
    Simon
    I would like to mention that this is the first thread about the war in which I haven't been called a bush robot by TH or a dumbass by Simon.

Erm ... can you show me where I've called you a dumbass LB?

Would it be fair if I said "this is the first thread that LB hasn't called me a saddam lover"? No ... thought not.

I was offended when it was implied that I somehow supported the torture of a young child. That was far more insulting than being called a bush robot.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    Something tells me though if Al Gore was doing this as president lots of people around here would be saying something different.

Untrue, I said Clinton, GB Senior, and GB Junior, should all be tried for war crimes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit