Did man really go to the moon?

by atomant 121 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jp1692
    jp1692

Um, Mars is farther away than the moon. The outer planets are even farther.

Duh.

Thank you Dagney for bringing some current accomplishments to the discussion!

• sir82
    sir82

I know man has gone to the moon.

I've drunk Tang.

The only price worth paying for allowing that abomination to exist is that it was developed for the astronauts who went to the moon.

• TD
    TD

Can someone elaborate?

The shuttle program was a step in a different direction entirely. Even if we wanted to resurrect the Saturn V, Command module, Lunar module and all the various accoutrements and support systems. (As opposed to a complete redesign) we would not want to reuse the primitive 60's era technology and tooling.

So yes, he's right in a sense. It's not that we wouldn't know how to go back. It's that even with modern technology and manufacturing techniques, there would be a lot of preliminary work before it would even be a possibility.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I've researched the subject and couldn't give a monkeys. I won't be here in 100 years time. In millions more the bleedin' sun will explode and destroy the earth and Moon. It's all bloody meaningless.

Wiser words could not be said. I had a death in the family this week (91 years old), and I couldn't help thinking this exact same thought. From a personal perspective this is truly all meaningless. The only meaningful thing in life, is simply to live as much as you an while you are around.

• atomant
    atomant

l also agree to many people get their knickers in a knot over trivial mundane BS.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

If you find the discussion without meaning perhaps youd be happier not visiting the thread?

• atomant
    atomant
    lt's interesting to note that a modern smart phone has more computer power than all of nasa back in 1969.
  • GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

The conspiracy theorists typing away in mama's basement proliferate, while the brave ones who risked space travel pass on. RIP, John Young!

• jp1692
    jp1692

Spot the International Space Station (NASA)

Watch the International Space Station pass overhead from several thousand worldwide locations. It is the third brightest object in the sky and easy to spot if you know when to look up.

Visible to the naked eye, it looks like a fast-moving plane only much higher and traveling thousands of miles an hour faster!

Explore and find sighting opportunities. Learn how to spot the station and more.

Enjoy!

• waton
    waton

RIP John Young, read it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit