Convention 2019: Children told don't form emotional attachment to pets!

by Nathan R. Koppe 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

If I didn't have pets when I was young, I wouldn't have felt loved by anyone. When I was a teenager and Armageddon coming to destroy to me, I contemplated suicide. The thought of my pets missing me kept me back.

Children and adults need love and if it isn't available from family or friends, a pet can give it.

• blondie
    blondie

I researched this when I first left around 2001, I was surprised because my extended jw family all had pets as did many jws, including elders. This info was much more in the 50's and 60's. Perhaps the WTS does not want jws wasting money on pets that they could give to the WTS and waste time that could be spent in the ministry and personal study (right!).

Edited

This article did appear in 2004 after I left. I did notice that most if not all citations in the index are from the Awake and intended for the non-jw public. No, those people have to be conditioned before they can swallow that WTS crap. Evidently, the ordinary jws are not heeding the WTS "suggestions."

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102004122#h=1:0-36:0

• jp1692
    jp1692

The Governing Body members don’t want anyone to have a pet because pets will love you regardless of whether or not you believe the nonsense spouted in WT publications, and that makes the GB fools jealous.

Lets review: It’s a cult!

• sparky1
    sparky1

Sorry Governing Body...my cat has more love and affection for me than all of you 'rat b@st@rds' combined. She has been a faithful and loyal companion through thick and thin and I would not give her up for all the money in the world.

• Ding
    Ding

Is there any part of life the GB doesn't want to meddle in and to regulate?

No.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I just had to repost these hilarious comments:🀣

Zeb... and I take it there are NO animals at the wt HQ?..

Room 215...Only the pigs that run the place!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

How about " don't form attachments" period. That is their thinking about family, friends.

That said, some people do act way too weird about animals like little fluffy riding in the same grocery cart I will use

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Cats are demonic!

• eyeslice2
    eyeslice2

My experience is that small children learn a lot from having pets. For example, how to be gentle and not hurt an animal. Often the objection was, "who is going to look after them when you are out in field service all day or out of town at a convention?" These people have some very strange ideas.

• Ronin
    Ronin

Wow this is so stupid if it's true. I will be attending in July I will be in a look out for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit