Convention 2019: Children told don't form emotional attachment to pets!

by Nathan R. Koppe 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

I have gotten more joy from being with my pets dogs and cats then I ever got by going to any meeting or assembly. I had one elder back in the early 90s say if anyone had to get a pet get a cat, because they can take care of themselfs and don't need a lot of attention like a dog. The end was too close to be taking care of pets. Screw the fat bastards in Wallkill.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes I agree with this, its a form of idolatry.

Image result for children and their pets

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If this is true (I'm not saying it isn't....just not researched it for myself), it just goes to show how nutty the cult leaders are. Mad as a bag of rabbits. Sadly, the culties follow them and believe this tin foil hat nonsense.

Religion....what absolute shit.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Mad as a bag of rabbits! Lol

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Why does JW.borg always have to bring up animals β€œlicking their sexual and anal areas”

Biahi ...

If I could lick my own sexual area I would never leave the house.

Rub a Dub

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Children told not to form bonds with their pets? - WTF?!

Hopefully this cultish nonsense will wake up even more JWs and start their journey out the cult.

It's natural and perfectly normal to form bonds with pets.

You even have 'mental health dogs' (sorry, can't think of their real name) touring hospitals and helping sick or depressed people just by visiting them.

β€œWhen humans attempt to elevate animals to a human level they are, in fact, degrading themselves ..." - this is very strange reasoning. Most people love their pets, that's kinda the whole idea.

And it obviously doesn't mean people are elevating their pets to the level of humans or are putting pets above humans.

there is need for caution with regard to the pets we may have. We may note that a wrong attitude toward the animal creation was involved in the first woman’s fall into rebellion against God - shoe-horning the Genesis story in here is absolutely ridiculous. XD

'not to form an emotional attachment to their pets, as animals don't have feelings anyway' - animals don't have feelings? How do they know this? How can anyone claim to know the answer to this?

Pets certainly have nerve cells, so they can obviously feel physical pain.

Maybe at least some animals can have emotions and feel emotional pain?

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Sorry kids... no more ice cream and now no more pets. Mom and dad are increasingly spending money on their health and organic food. If you can't have a cheap ice cream, much less an expensive pet. The org needs money more than ever. Mr Morris can't handle the stress and needs a drink.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
  • JayDubyaDotOrg
    JayDubyaDotOrg

I think the kids will also be told not to form an emotional attachment to their money either.

Dubya

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Look, Caleb, look...

...say goodbye...

...no more Spot."

Jesus, I thought telling 'em to give up their ice cream money was dumb.

I swear, either the WT leadership wants to turn the membership into sociopathic robots, or PIMOs in the Writing Dept are punk'ing the leadership by seeing just how stupid the stuff that gets rubber-stamped can get.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit