How will many JW's react ?

by Phizzy 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Phizzy- "How will many JW's react ?."

As with the Generation changes, Sparlock, JWTV, and countless other things, more and more will start saying, "waitaminute"...

x...and we'll end up seeing them here.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Well I keep seeing more and more of this construction halt on pro-JW sites. Someone even said there will be another letter speaking about that after the annual meeting. We shall wait and see. I seriously doubt they will announce such set back to all JWs.

Perhaps. I think much depends on how the AGM announcements re the meeting and magazines shift the conversation. I've already expressed my thoughts that perhaps this has been calculated to divert attention away from the bad news. They couldn't announce bethel cuts 2 days before the AGM could they...?

I suspect that they will have to address the cutbacks at some point. The way not to is to re-engage with lots of projects quickly and make it clear progression is happening.

By JWTalk standards, there's a fair amount of less than positive comment. Either there are several fifth column posters or there are a number of people that don't like what they are seeing.

• done4good
    done4good

I seriously doubt they will announce such set back to all JWs.

Maybe not. However, how long could something like that be hidden???

d4g

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Oh not very long. The truth will always be out there. But there is a difference between a handful of witnesses knowing that the construction is at a halt (and may be even talking themselves into thinking that this is only happening in their area) and another vast different to hear it from official sources. I just came back from an assembly where it was presented to us that even getting a new iphone would be unwise in such times of necessity, when construction is at an all time high. How would that affect them? If the GB made a broadcast to remind everyone that just because the loans were forgiven, it did not mean that donations were not needed, then announcing construction is on hold, will not have the desired effect.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

In the Spanish cong I attend whatever change will be received as all others have: Joyfully; then we will go to some party, beach or gathering at someone's house over the weekend where there will be rich food, drinks, games and dancing.

SL

• Dagney
    Dagney

I think the zealots and elderly will blindly go along with the explanations of the WT.

There is a group of young adults, I hear, that treat the org like a church. They create lives outside the org for themselves and their kids. So they may not give too much attention to the issues.

There is for sure a large group with cognitive dissonance, that are in deep in with family and theocratic responsibilities, that are going through the motions but deep down inside they now it's all BS. They have to save face and keep up the game.

These new changes with the focus on the preaching work is an attempt to rally the troops. Ugh, I can't stand this manipulative cult.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Username: "80,000 properties in their real estate portfolio"?

Interesting. Where did that figure come from?

• TTATT_Paladin
    TTATT_Paladin

@Sofia Lose

Damn. If it was like that at my congregation, I would still be in, happy and oblivious.

• TTATT_Paladin
    TTATT_Paladin

@4thgen

• millie210
    millie210
    Dagney.
    These new changes with the focus on the preaching work is an attempt to rally the troops. Ugh, I can't stand this manipulative cult.

That is so true...if a person looks back at posts here from this time last year, everyone was talking about how the preaching work didnt seem as urgent with all the building plans and the trolleys and the almost manic referencing to JW -dot- Org by all the JWs.

The whole train was going down a different track and in less than 9 months there is a complete switch and the gloss over is "were a gonna focus on the preaching work"

yeah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit