How will many JW's react ?

by Phizzy 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I did not believe I would see the demise of the WT in my lifetime, and maybe I will not, they may be able to ride out their present problems.

But how do you think this will affect the average, loyal, believing JW ?

Usually most things just wash over them, if there is a slight niggle, they use their well-worn way of explaining things to themselves as in "The End is near" or "Jehovah knows best" etc etc

But the huge sea-change in Corporate policy that we see unfolding, all Construction work stopped, except Warwick and maybe their biggest project, Chelmsford U.K

Huge Bethel layoffs, and the lifestyle of the remaining staff reduced to virtual slavery, more Bethel closures, Spiritual food reduced for the Public as well as the R&F, and all of this being the opposite of what they have claimed was evidence of Jehovah's blessing ???

Surely, SURELY many must now begin to wake up and smell that, to quote Shakespeare, "there is something rotten in the State of Denmark" ???

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

What proof do we have so far that the construction work has stopped? I mean construction of KH, not HQ. How do you bring up material proof that this has indeed happened, meanwhile collections are still being made from the congregations?

Sincerely asking because I would love to get hands on some of it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    Take a look at JW Survey's site, he has leaked letters on there which are showing what Saturday's AGM of the WT will announce, plus more info on the present crisis within the Org.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Take a look at JW Survey's site,

I do indeed hope that everything being "leaked" is all absolutely TRUE, but in my opinion, there is no sufficient documentation to bring it up in conversation to a JDub. There surely is no "legitimate" way to show them your sources (only apostate sights).

I'm sitting this one out until after the Annual Meeting (to which I guess I am not going to be invited). DAMN! (sarcasm)

How will JWs react? Some of them (that are not brain-dead) may finally begin to wonder WTF? Most will surely see it as Satan's attack has begun! Honey? Are our Go-To Bags ready if the GT hits tonight?

Doc

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    I know the letter is there but the letter says nothing about construction work. The rest so far seems to be speculation based on input that we may be able to trust. I am talking about hard proof.
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Since the WTBTS leaders are not a bunch of idiots, is it possible that the WTBTS's lawyers/management are protecting assets by cutting costs and selling properties before more lawsuits are filed and laws are changed? Does it really matter to the WTBTS leaders if they lose a few million JWs as long as the WTBTS of PA retains ownership of all the properties in some form of trust(s) that are protected from paying for judgments/settlements?

As long as the top leaders of the WTBTS can retire in up-state NY for the rest of their lives, I feel that the WTBTS leaders will continue with re-organizing the WTBTS.

I can easily see the WTBTS continuing for decades. The WTBTS will just scale back thier publications and FS while ramping up JW.org and JW broadcasting. The only downside for the WTBTS is that more JWs will have time to think if they are not going out in FS, but that can be easily overcome by stating how important the cart work is. Imagine how many JWs would prefer to sit around a cart either surfing the web on their tablets or boasting to each other about how important their work is.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• SuziDrums
    SuziDrums
    If this were a normal business, I'd be looking for corporate raiders about to pounce on fresh meat. But DesirousOfChange is right, it's worth waiting for the actual annual meeting to be sure the leaks are true. I'd rather wait and be proven right than speak too soon and give them more fodder for categorizing us all as "apostate liars."
  • Warwickslave
    Warwickslave

being at Warwick I saw that there is still a lot of dubbies who are hardcore. On the other hand most young ones don't believe much.

I talked to a friend at the branch yesterday and he mention every dept has to make modifications. They will start building again next year. They are running low on volunteers. They want to finish Warwick first. At the rate there going they will finish Warwick before next summer.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I'm betting the rank and file will just chalk up all these latest developments as ''we all must be ready to obey any instructions whether they seem strategic from a human standpoint or not''. They will just look at it as being obedient and won't even bat an eye to it.
  • notjustyet
    notjustyet

So I think that since we, as humans, cannot really see things from any other standpoint the quote from the GB in the Nov 2013 Watchtower regarding ''we all must be ready to obey any instructions whether they seem strategic from a human standpoint or not'' really should read "We getting ready to do some stuff that won't make sense no matter which way you slice it,.. get used to it"

NJY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit