Is this a place for children?

by xenawarrior 188 Replies latest jw friends

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Sorry, call me a b*$ch if you'd like but is this really a place for a 13 year old child to be hanging out? Is the chat room really a place for kids?

I know I wouldn't let my 14 year old near this place.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/48684/1.ashx

The chat room gets pretty racy and I just don't think it's a place for kids.

XW

• Prisca
    Prisca

I agree with you XW. This isn't a site for kids.

If they are here, I would hope any child who looks at this site does so with their parents' knowledge, and more importantly, supervision.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I'm not tryin to be disagreeable or anything but I dont know of any site for the kids of x-jw's or for kids who once were. Kids still need people to talk to and really, until Simon adds an age restriction to membership, its Utopian_Raindrop's decision as to whether or not her kids can post here.

I dont think that UR would expect anyone to act or say anything differently than what we normaly wouldbecause her kids are on-line. She knows the subjects that her kids would be subjected to as well as what goes on in chat.

Just my .02

Kansas District Overbeer

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

XW

Well as you know, Jennie wants so badly to post here, but we limited her to the one thread (the Brummie picture). You're right, there is a lot discussed here that is grown up in nature and I would be hesitant to allow my 9 year old unlimited freedom to roam. But at 14, that is a borderline age. If Jennie were 14, and still so inclined, I would allow her limited access but only if I'm present.

Now of course, even I don't go into chat! Them's dangerous waters.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Well unless, Simon starts making you verify your over 18, with a credit card, I don't see any possible way, you could keep them out, not to mention you don't need to be logged in to read the site.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It turns out LuckyLucy was just my daughter acting up. AArrrggh! now that I'm not a witness, I can't even beat her for it!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I understand what your saying but you have to realize that sometimes these kids have NO one and I KNOW Utopian Raindrops will make sure she is taken care of. PLEASE don't shun just because of age there are situations were some people leaving have NO one to turn to etc. So try to look at the big picture as to why .

<just my 2 cents or so>

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

IMO, it's not really Simon's responsibility, but moreso the responsibility of the parents.

Tex, I hear ya and the post you are talking about isn't what I'm talking about

Right now there is a 12 year old in the chat room. Should that be? Anyone who has spent time in the chat room can tell you the answer to that- NOPE.

It's not about Simon "allowing" .

XW of the "protective mom" class

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Well said ShielaM! That is what I was trying to say but couldnt!

Kansas District Overbeer

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Xenna,no. This is no place for kids..They`ll find out about how we keep our beer from freezing in the Great White North,LOL!.....OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit