2020 Convention streamed

by Rattigan350 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

“ALWAYS REJOICE”!

2020 Convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses

We warmly invite you to watch this year’s three-day convention presented by Jehovah’s Witnesses. As a result of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, this year’s convention program is being presented online at jw.org. Sessions will be posted incrementally in July and August.

Wow. Streamed convention. No baptisms I guess, but there is a baptism talk. There is a program on there. No association. No donation boxes. No hotel list.

• sir82
    sir82
    No baptisms I guess

In our area, they going to do baptisms in swimming pools of individual JWs. If you're going to get baptized, you schlep over to Brother Wealthy's house and trek to his backyard to get dunked.

Really.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

The best convention every 😀

How many people will log on then go and do there own thing.

Bet they will still expect donations .

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

Don't doubt that they will have a paypal button to donate.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The best ever was the first words I heard. Put on your necktie or nylons and try to stay awake, then try to eat a rancid sandwich without getting mustard on your suit. See, we can get the whole experience

• Half banana
    Half banana

Can't they do dry 'covid zoom' baptisms? You dress for it but don't get wet......

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

"ALWAYS REJOICE"!

What an appropriate theme for this year's convention. Every jw will be rejoicing that they didn't have to physically have to attend another boring convention of speaker after speaker after speaker droning on and on and on have to listen to the same bs that has been presented for the past 60-70 years or longer.

Yes REJOICE that they may get ot go on a vacation this year! Yippee and REJOICE!

just saying!

• careful
    careful

It looks like someone needs to update the website. If you click on the link "Information for Delegates" at https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/2020-convention-program/, you get info on paying attention to the attendants when parking, not saving seats, etc., hardly needed for an online program.

I suppose that a good gauge to how well the org monitors this site can be surmised in how soon they change this blunder! Posted at 20.33.39 GMT.

Yes, it's always "the best ever"—yawn. Most of the faithful will probably dress up too. Will they still issue name badges?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

If you're going to get baptized, you schlep over to Brother Wealthy's house and trek to his backyard to get dunked.

I noticed that too. Not that I wanted to see, but they stood there in their t-shirts and knee length shorts (gotta be "modest" y'know) wearing goofy looking masks even while getting dunked. Moroons!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I'm Rejoicing that I don't have to take a day off and waste 3 days sitting in uncomfortable seats! Truly the best convention ever!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit