2020 Convention streamed

by Rattigan350 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I suppose they will expect you to dress up in your Sunday best with collar and tie for the Bros,and dresses with the appropriate length for sisters while you sit in your own living rooms to watch it ?

And no talking during the sessions and standing up for the song and prayer when its offered.

And make sure you go to the toilet before the session starts ,dont want you to miss any nu-lite that might come out.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

If you thought work Zoom meetings were boring, hoo boy, this one will be deadly dull.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

At least no time and money wasted traveling 400 km each way or on hotel rooms. I don't advocate it in normal times, either because you are donating your energy for a worse outcome leading to being greys. Unless you really want to be a grey, I advocate not going at all.

Streaming, at least you can start making a mockery out of the program or when it starts buffering (which I hope it does). Plus, you can skip parts you find wasteful or just close the whole session out with the big red X at the top right of your browser window. And if you still insist on seeing it all, you can do it piecemeal (15 or 20 minutes per session instead of a whole day), skipping ahead if you see problems, muting those Kingdumb maladies, closing the browser if the prayer is too long (or skipping it altogether), and simply disregarding everything they say. And you get to donate what they deserve. Which is nothing.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A guy in our congregation suggested decades go that they put the Assembly Programme on Video, and then we donate what we would have spent. He ran a small farm, so had animals to attend to from the early hours before he struggled to a Convention, so I saw his difficulty.

I thought at the time that Donations would really suffer if they did that, and I guess this will happen now, so I don't see this as being a permanent thing, but who knows ?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

What about the single people? The only thing good about the assemblies was seeing your friends and meeting girls from other places. It’s going to be more and more difficult for JWs to “ marry in the lord” when they can’t meet anyone in person anymore .

• Overrated
    Overrated

Jwilly.org will put together a JWilly Date site for true Christians.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RATTIGAN350:

..All while sitting in your own home dressed up...you will still be exhausted like you were sitting in a stadium but you just haven’t traveled anywhere.

PHIZZY:

I think they are itching to sell off more kingdom hall$... So, some people may want this set-up to continue.

PETE ZAHUT:

Seeing friends and meeting people was the ONLY good thing about the ASSemblies. Oh, and the occasional release of a publication back in the day. Can’t believe we used to get all excited over this.

Those days are over.

• Overrated
    Overrated

No excitement, just the same dribble warmed up from last year with a twist.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Like it wasn't bad enough sitting in uncomfortable seats for 3 days! Now, you have to watch it at home. Well, I guess you could just say you watched it. lol Is WT going to be monitoring each individual who is watching?

• fifth.column
    fifth.column

Hi guys

we had the same information in France this week.

for my group, for 6 weeks during summer, every Saturday at 2PM it will begin with the WT study and then the streaming of half day convention.

So you are supposed to lose all you Saturday afternoons this summer. but... there is more!

A mid week zoom meeting will be held in small groups to share « «interesting points» about the program! Of course this is NOT to be sure you watched the broadcast... Trapped!

is it same arrangement where you live, or just my over zealous elders ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit