Have you ever gone back to a meeting out of curiosity?

by stuckinarut2 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

twice once on a Sunday morning in 2001 while I was working, I was parked up close to a KH I never knew that was there, I popped in for the PT.And at the memorial in 2011 in a cong close to me where I partook, it was as if I had never been away, same shit different year, nothing had changed, you'd have to drag me into a KH again.

• kairos
    kairos

I will never attend again for ANY reason.

I'll skip my wife's JW funeral.
    I will likely protest outside on the street, however.

Good times...

• Magnum
    Magnum

No. I don't plan on ever going again. But, I am curious to know what it would be like now - to see how the format and other things have changed. And, to me, it's normal to be curious about something that affected the majority of your life and has left you with scars (mostly financial & missed opportunity).

I like to hear accounts presented on this forum of what it's like now.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I went with my 9yo son, as I felt it important for him to understand the way I was bought up, and how fortunate he is not to have to do the same.

Despite TV screens and format changes, it really was the same. Guilt trips over all the wrong you could do that may make you miss out on paradise.

I remembered how boring meetings are, and that I used to just be waiting for the end so I could chat to friends.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I am curious to see how it's all changed, but as someone mentioned you can always check it out on you tube. I also wonder if my local KH is As empty as those you see online.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

No and don't plan to.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Got any pictures you'd like to share from your visit? @jwfacts?

Did anyone recognise you as Australia's leading apostate?😉

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@stuckinarut2 I don't know... this guy kinda looks familiar to me (almost as much as that KINGDOM HALL, omg).

Do you recognize him?

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Dead-ringer for JW Facts. Good looking fellow with a good heart and an excellent head on his shoulders.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

My last meeting was a Sunday in August ( I think) 2007. Stayed only for the PT. Left right after, breathed a sigh of relief, I hadn't been in a couple of months during the remodel. Went because a friend gave the PT and I wanted to see the final look of the KH.

Afterwards I drove up the road to a cemetery, changed out of my suit into work clothes, and NEVER went back. Not for one of my closest friends funeral, nothing.

My never JW wife has said let's go out of curiosity. Nope. My JW mom said no funeral when she dies, and her nonJW husband won't do it, so no issues.

Snakes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit