Have you ever gone back to a meeting out of curiosity?

by stuckinarut2 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Just wondering if anyone has gone back to a meeting out of curiosity? (perhaps to an area far from your old KHall where you know no one)

With all the changes from 2012 onwards (videos, tv screens, new meeting format, new songs etc) it would be an odd experience to be in attendance!

It would be a testament to our ability to sit there and spot the logical fallacies, leading assumptions, strawperson tactics. The cognitive dissonance would be in overdrive I am sure too!

So has anyone visited a meeting recently?

Thoughts?

• M3tadata69
    M3tadata69

About 2 years ago I showed up to the memorial and partook. It was a few towns over where I used to go, so nobody knew me. I did it out of curiosity, and to overcome the taboo about it.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Why? 99% of us come out because we now KNOW it is not the "truth" so why ever go back????

Only those that never prove to themselves that it is NOT the truth would ever consider "going back"...even for "curiousity"....

For me...I will NEVER go back.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STUCKINARUT:

Maybe in the early years of my ‘fade’, I went to a special talk. I also attended the memorial for several years. But, now nothing. I haven’t got the slightest curiosity about what’s going on in the Hall. I’d have to be nuts to go there.

• Apostate Anonymous
    Apostate Anonymous

The last time I ever step foot in a KH was a few years ago for my Grandfather's funeral. Sadly, I will be forced to have to step foot in another one since my grandmother is currently in hospice and could pass any day now.

Before my grandfather's funeral, it had been at least 5+ years since I had even been within the vicinity of a KH. Aside from the TV's and new songs, everything is exactly the same.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It's crazy never to go back.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I'll never set foot in a KH ever again. Even when I was a JW I hated going the KH.

Curiosity my ass, the meeting will still be boring no matter how many videos they show. I'd rather go to work on a Sunday morning for free - no exaggeration.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

No!!! I do not like throwing up. Still Totally ADD

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Maybe if they have no songs. Very Unlikely!

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

NEVER!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit