Have you ever gone back to a meeting out of curiosity?

by stuckinarut2 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• jp1692
    jp1692

Ugh! Why?

I might go for a funeral, but no one I used to know ever tells me when my still-in family members die; so I don’t know and can’t go.

I’d never go out of “curiosity.” I already know way more about this fucking cult than I care to.

• jp1692
    jp1692
    SBF: It's crazy never to go back.

jp1692: It's crazy ever to go back.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I attended the Kingdom Hall meetings for 42 years and saw behind the curtain. Once you know, there is no reason to return. It's all or nothing with the Jehovah's Witness religion. You can't sit on the fence. It is a religion where you need to be 100% in mind and body. If not, it will eat you alive.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have had to go to a couple of funerals, so they were not regular meetings. But it was reminder enough.
    No thanks for going out of curiosity.

• Outahere
    Outahere

I think it would give me flashbacks. PTSD. How awful. Last time was Memorial 2007.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great comments!

Don't worry, I agree! I have no desire to really ever go back. Certainly no desire to take it seriously...

It was more of a morbid curiosity - like watching a car crash in slow motion....

• Outahere
    Outahere

The whole thing was horrible. I will never go back.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

The last few meetings I went to, my eyes were rolling out of my head over the pompous, self adulation of the GB.

If I were to walk into a hall now, it would seem like I've walked onto a set from a tv series. A place like the twilight zone. I wouldn't be able to stop myself from laughing in disbelief or saying "that's crap".

So I don't think I'll be going.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

Rules and regulations- thanks for making me so eloquently understand why I choose my name here.

And no- I don't want to ever go back- jw zombies for me no more lol

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

So has anyone visited a meeting recently?

Thoughts?

No. I meant business when I decided to leave and not go back. My goal since I left was to detach and minimize the influence of that organization in my life. That's why I can't care less what they do, continue doing, stop doing, talk to, changed, none of that matters to me.

I am not part of that organization by choice. Why on Earth would I want to follow what they do?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit