Death is not something to be feared!

by iconoclastic 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

LUHE:

The finality of death when one makes peace with it, no longer is a fear factor.

When faced with a deadly situation our instinct like that of all creatures, is to survive. When we are suffocating we gasp because our physiology demands oxygen in order to survive and we are aware that if we can't breathe we'll die, so we fight tooth and nail to breathe. All creatures behave the same way - it's Instinctive. Humans though fear death on a much vaster scale because we obsess over our mortality. Let go of that obsession and the need to survive remains but the fear of death fades away.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

viv

You prove, like the OP, that you do not understand science or observable reality in any fundamentally true way.

If you're going to be delusional, stick to the delusions, don't comment on science.

well that is a very predictable reply.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good post, SSC - sums it up nicely.

Interestingly, although the OP title is 'death is not something to be feared', I'm willing to bet that Iconoclastic does, in some way, obsess over mortality. E.g. make God happy -> eternal bliss; make God angry -> adverse judgement/eternal torment.

Although I could be wrong ...

• Viviane
    Viviane
    well that is a very predictable reply.

And 100% accurate.

• talesin
    talesin

Uhh, I was most likely studying science when you were in diapers.

Quite frankly, I am sickened by your relentless masturbatory punishing of all those who don't seem to measure up to your intellectual-superiority yardstick.

I'm not interested in taking you on, and haha, your comment above, clearly shows how you enjoy twisting the point. I do not need to twist anyone's words to get my point across, as I seek no gratification from my postings here.

Perhaps you should try your intellect out in places that would be more challenging? But I guess it would be hard to give this up, since you can play with words better than most people on this forum.

Take care, "V", and remember that not everyone is fooled by your 'faux intellectualism". TSK TSK

You have a plethora of people here, on which you can exercise your own brand of dominance. I just wanted to note, that your abuses do not pass without note.

Indeed.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Edited: Better to just leave this alone and not reply

Doc

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    talesin,

she is hormonal like this mother (hope she can laugh about this)

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

doc

here is a good comment worth repeating to end it with rather than mine above

listlessWitness

Thanks Icon, I love the way you think. Similar to The Truth Contest, in fact some of your thoughts could fit really well with that material if there is a way to submit them?

Certain things cannot be subjected to the scrutiny of science for complete answers. Love and relationships and emotions for example. But that doesn't stop us speculatively attempting romance and seeing what happens. Why then is it so harmful to speculate about something we cannot know for sure? It is part of being alive, and when you try to stamp out speculation about things that cannot be proven, you are trying to stamp out a part of our very being. I know an Org which likes to do that, and we escaped from it in part to enjoy freedom of thought and expression.

Live and let live ffs, why are some people so bent on being 'right'?

If there are things in Icon's past posts which have jerked people's chains, let it go, it's in the past. Let a person grow and develop even if it is not on your terms or timescale. Why not hold back the urge to comment on something until you have seen what fresh pairs of eyes think of it?

Just my 2 cents. I am probably wrong, but always being right is something I am working hard to let go of so that more harmony can be created with my fellow man.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Uhh, I was most likely studying science when you were in diapers.

OK. So?

Quite frankly, I am sickened by your relentless masturbatory punishing of all those who don't seem to measure up to your intellectual-superiority yardstick.

OK. So?

I'm not interested in taking you on, and haha, your comment above, clearly shows how you enjoy twisting the point. I do not need to twist anyone's words to get my point across, as I seek no gratification from my postings here.

OK. So?

Perhaps you should try your intellect out in places that would be more challenging? But I guess it would be hard to give this up, since you can play with words better than most people on this forum.

Or, since you keep saying I am so terrible, you could manage to exercise a bare minimum mote of self control and not read my posts.

Take care, "V", and remember that not everyone is fooled by your 'faux intellectualism". TSK TSK

Tootles!

• Viviane
    Viviane
    she is hormonal like this mother (hope she can laugh about this)

Why would I laugh at a cheap attempt at an insult? I mean, were it clever, that would be one thing...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit