Just had a former elder friend tell me, “This Overlapping generation is crap.

by John Aquila 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Last night I ran into a former Elder friend, he is in his late 70s. He asked how I was doing and I asked how he was doing. Then out of the blue he tells me;

This Overlapping generation is crap, and I don’t believe it. “

I asked him; “What are you going to do”

He said; “Well what can I do? I still believe in a paradise earth. I don’t know anything anymore. All I know is this overlapping generation is a bunch of crap and I don’t believe it.

And he walked away.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Truly sad. This is the plight of their longtime members. Younger ones sense this and hopefully will open their mind and heart to do something different to vitalize themselves.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I think a lot of people are in this same boat, doctrine has become meaningless to them, they just want to make it to the lion petting zoo
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I hear of JWs his age accepting the "fact" that their trip to Paradise will be via the "Underground".

Image result for open gravesite

I'd say they are half-right.

Doc

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    The explanation they gave of the overlapping generation is having a negative effect on the dubs. We are just starting to see the beginning of mass disappointment.
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth
    The explanation they gave of the overlapping generation is having a negative effect on the dubs.

Nope. Not in my congregation. They are praising it, and specifically the 'new explanation' in the September broadcast.

They're all hyped up because the end is 'so near now'.. Or worried about if they are going to make it through the great tribulation.

I despair..

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub
    My uncle made a similar comment about the so-called 'end of this system'. He used to be a hard-core strict elder for over 40 years so I was surprised when I heard him say 'if the end comes'.... He is in his 80's, in bad health and thought he would be living in paradise by now...
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Mass disappointment = The Great Disappointment! LOL!!!

DD

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Not in my congregation. They are praising it

Sounds like the separating work the dubs teach is taking place in each congregation, Hey maybe that's the prophecy's fulfillment.

Image result for separating sheep from goats pics

• Virran
    Virran
    My mom (in Europe) think it's fantastic, even though I explain to her how it's just nonsense. I remember in the 80's how she told us kids how there's less than 10 years left before Harma is happening. She's so out of it and it's so clear this is just a lifestyle to her, not a matter of "truth". She's a follower of men, not God, and this is the ultimate proof. I'm giving up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit