Guardians Of Doctrine (GOD) and the Governing Body

by punkofnice 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    millie: Did you happen to see a post by OrphanCrow somewhere on a thread that this phrase was first uttered by the Pope in a speech he gave just recently (2014)?

Yeah...methinks that Monica has been taking her "internship" position seriously. She slipped in her testimony on the stand at one point and said "we" will have to "look at that policy". I think she acts in a consultant capacity of some sort.

The WTS has obviously had the support of the Catholic Church - after all, the "mother" has had lots of practice in trying to defend their child abuse policies.

I showed a friend of mine (never a JW) these two photos and she is convinced that these two popes are clones!

Image result for Watchtower geoffrey jackson

• EndofMysteries
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I believe all organized Xian religions are owned by the same group. Can I prove it? No.

DD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks for your comments folks. Sorry I don't have time to reply to you all right now...work and all that jazz.

Are all religeons becoming homogenised?

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Birdy, I didn't realise that they have already been able to clone clowns .
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Is it me or does his holiness pope ToMo always sound drunk?

.....and are their holinesses the watchtower rock star GB popes, all gluttonous, overfed stuffed pigs? Although his holiness pope Loesch looks less gluttonous.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "The truth is that everything else falls apart when Doctrine #1 is proven false."

Hell, everything else almost falls apart when Doctrine #1 is simply doubted.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    DATA-DOG13 days agoI believe all organized Xian religions are owned by the same group. Can I prove it? No.
    DD

Keep an open mind.

It seems the banks control everyting. Perhaps the religions are owned by the Bank of Iceland. That'd make a lot of sense.......no wonder his holiness the watchtower rock star paedophile lover Lett was begging for money..........just kidding.....well..sorta.....

• prologos
    prologos

Perhaps G Jackson identified himself vaguely with the Levites, guardian of the Ark of the covenant, containing the law, basis for Israel's doctrines.

The GB certainly wishes death to all "Steadiers of the Ark" aka reformers and other apostates

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

I associate the term "guardian" with .... "guardian angel" ...'messenger" and that remindes of

1919: The seven angels, or "messengers", of Revelation chapters 1 and 2 are identified "for the first time in the history of the church" as St Paul, St John, Arius,Peter Waldo, John Wycliffe, Martin Luther and Charles Taze Russell.[131] "The Table of the Great King,", The Watchtower, April 1, 1919, as cited by James Penton, Apocalypse Delayed, pg 181

Watch Tower literature has suggested such enlightenment results from the application of reason and study,[17] the guidance of holy spirit, and direction from Jesus Christ and angels.[18] Rutherford spoke of spiritual "lightning flashes in the temple",[19] the Society claims its doctrine of the "great crowd" and "other sheep" were "revealed" to "God’s earthly servants" in 1935,[20][21] and Witness literature has also described sudden changes in doctrines as "flashes of light" given by God through his holy spirit.[22] A 1930 publication claimed God used "invisible deputies" and "invisible angels" to pass his "messages" to The Watchtower,[23][24] although The Watchtower told Witnesses it was not necessary for them to understand how this took place.[25] A 1973 policy change to disfellowship tobacco users was explained as a decision that "Jehovah has brought to the attention of his 'holy' people".[26#

Thanks go to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses_doctrine

Perhaps the Governing body thinks that not St. Paul, St. John, Arius , Peter Waldo, John Wicliffe, Luther, Russel, but that the real messenger are those Governing Body member that saw "the generation" or 1914/1919, who knows?

It could be further that the Governing body members = Watchtower Directors of 1919 are the real messengers,

or it could be that 7 succeeding Watchttower directors: Conley, Russel, Rutherford, Knorr, Franz, Henschel, Adams are the messengers This would not include the current GB members though, who would be only agents of Adams.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit