Guardians Of Doctrine (GOD) and the Governing Body

by punkofnice 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't know if GB member G Jackson really meant the GB were 'GOD', with his 'guardians of doctrine' comment at the ARC. It's nice and conspiracy to think so, I suppose. I honestly don't know. However, here's my question.

What does he mean?

How can these chappies be 'guardians'?

Do they hide the doctrine in a lead lined box in a bunker?

Sorry, I'm lost.............any ideas? (Apart from get a satnav).

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Sorry, Punk, I can't give you any ideas - it's too early in the morning

I just love the fact that Guardians of Doctrine gives us the acronym 'GOD'. It describes the GB and it seems they're unaware of this!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

LUHE - Yes. It's a bloomin' hilarious acronym...intentional or not.

Too early in the morning? Blimey. I've been at work 4 hours already.

Mind you, if the GB were all that savvy, they would never have allowed SAD for 'special a$$embĀ£y day'...having said that...COW is brilliant for 'circuit overseer's wife'!

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

punk:-

What is a guardian?

answer ) it is a person with " legal authority"

So I assume he is saying " God" ( did he not say Jehover?) has given the G.B legal authority to be guardians of his doctrines" . Now I assume this would mean the printing and publication of W.T literature.

Its interesting in a court of law it is not always about justice but what is legal. So in a court of law " insane" statements that can't be proven are legal. Who can disprove his statement the G.B are " God" and " Guardians of his doctrine"

Anyway since when did the watchtower = sanity?

The Rebel

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Reb - Sanity and Watchtower corporation are not words I associate with each other.

Strewth, would you give the WBT$ legal authority over anything? Oh, yuk.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hold on a sec. The GB pride themselves on their willingness to humbly "adjust" any belief so as not to imitate "false religious", dogmatic behavior, right???

So....WTF needs to be guarded?!?!?!! What doctrime do they have that is too sacred to adjust? Figure that out and you have your answer. I have my theory.

DD

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I somehow doubt that this was intended to reinforce the conflation of the GB with god. Especially since the GB no doubt hope that none of the R/F were watching that exchange, and the term "guardians of doctrine" is not used in any literature so far as I can tell.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit, however, to learn that this is an inside joke among the GB - describing themselves as guardians of doctrine when they really mean god. These men seem to get a kick out of wielding power over others, and having a secret language by which they can flaunt that power while sounding relatively innocent to anyone who might hear wouldn't be unexpected.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DD - Well, it's as good a theory as any.

What is being guarded indeed...and how?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    But it would be presumptuous of GJ to say they are the only guardians. Hell, all of us here could also be fellow guardians of doctrine according to GJs testimony before the RC.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "WTF needs to be guarded?!?!?!! What doctrime do they have that is too sacred to adjust? Figure that out and you have your answer."

The singular concept that the WTS is God's exclusive Earthly organization.

Any threat to that - direct or otherwise - must be ruthlessly crushed, because if it's not God's exclusive Earthly organization, there really is no justification for the WTS to exist...

...and without the WTS, these men would have nothing.

They would be nothing.

(Was that your theory?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit