TRANSCRIPT: The Fifth Estate PREVIEW

by Scully 52 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Scully
    Scully

Transcript for preview of The Fifth Estate's January 29, 2003 program (lovingly and painstakingly transcribed by Scully ):

Bill McKeown: Welcome back to The Fifth Estate . Next week on the program, a story about trust, betrayal and shattered faith.

Mike Moss: We had a close-knit family. I had a good childhood up until I was about 12 or 13 years old.

Bill McKeown: Like many teenagers, Mike Moss had a rebellious streak. His Jehovah's Witness family thought the best remedy was Bible study. So they set him up with a respected member of the congregation in Sault Saint Marie. Over time, Mike became increasingly uncomfortable.

Mike Moss: I remember driving in the car one time, and there was this song that come on - it was a love song - and he said to me that it reminded <voice cracking> it reminded him of me. And that's when I said to him "I think you better save that for your wife."

Bill McKeown: Excessive attention turned physical and eventually Mike did just what he was taught to do: he turned to church elders. What happened next, shocked him.

<phone ringing, picked up by Mike>

Mike Moss: The one called me and told me that I had to go in for a judgement on me because I was part of a homosexual act. He's asking me if there was any ejaculation, if there was... like what kind of act, right into great detail. I was kind of stunned by that. And I was like "Why do you need to know that?"

<camera zooms in on the book "Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock">

Bill McKeown: Church policy instructs elders to take care of the flock, to report abuse to outside authorities. But often, that doesn't happen, according to Bill Bowen, who had his own surprise when he called church headquarters for advice one day.

<taped conversation>

Female voice: Good evening, Jehovah's Witnesses.

Male voice: You just ask him again, Now Is there anything to this? If he says "No", then I would walk away from it.

Bill Bowen: Yup

Male Voice: Leave it for Jehovah, He'll bring it out.

Bill Bowen: Yup

<interview with male in silhouette>

I'm sacrificing a lot by being here. It is very likely that I'm going to be disfellowshipped and shunned.

<Footage from SL March> <CHANT> 1 2 3 4 Silent Lambs No More!!

Bill McKeown: Spiritual Shepherds. Next week, on The Fifth Estate

<CHANT from SL March> No More Pedophiles at My Door!!

Edited by - Scully for formatting

Edited by - Scully on 25 January 2003 13:45:45

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Oh Scully!!

This is so Wonderful!!

I am hoping to catch it on The Satellite Dish Here!!

My Dad has Direct TV.

How many times did you have to watch it to get that typed word for word?!?

Gurlfriend your awesome!!

People ask me why I am so hyped about this because so many Religions have this problem.

1 st I say no matter how many have the problem it doesnt make it right AND to top it off this is the only Religion where The victim can and HAS been disfellowshipped!

The more people know about this the better!

Thanx Scully for typing this out for us!!

Gotta Luvz ya Gurl!!

Utopian_Raindrops

• stichione
    stichione

Thanks for your hard work. BTW, how many hours did it take you to do this?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

WOW, this promises to be a very good documentary. I can't wait until the rank and file learns that someone who was abused is accused of being a part of it by choice.

Of course, that goes along with their asinine view of having to scream during rape or else you are participating.

Yikes. I can't believe I was there and blinded for so long.

pistoff

• Scully
    Scully

I really wanted everyone to have an idea of what the show would cover, that's why I went ahead and transcribed the preview.

I'm a pretty fast transcriptionist, if I do say so myself. It only took about half an hour to do.

Love, Scully

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Wow, now that's a cool trailer. Seems to be a little mor concise and a lot more detailed than Dateline....very cool. Can't wait to see it.

ash

• Scully
    Scully

bttt for the weekend

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, Scully, for all your hard work!

Blondie

• zev
    zev

thanks scully. i cant wait to see that show. and niether can gwen. we're very excited about it.

• somebody
    somebody

Great work Scully! And Thank You!

peace,

gwen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit