I guess this is a good time to say good bye.

by Monster 41 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Monster,

Let me just say it's guys with BALLS like yours that make us a free country. I'm proud of you, man. See you when you get back!

TR

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

I wasn't going to say anything here Monster cos I really don't know what to say, it's all very new to me and well I just don't have the right words, except that there's a very BIg lump in my throat right now.

Give em hell soldier! Come home safe!

God_Bless_America

Edited by - gizmo on 15 January 2003 10:0:8

• Shakita
    Shakita

Monster:

I thank you for my children, and my children's children for putting yourself out for those of us who get to live in the freedom we have here in the USA.

People will speak of various reasons why we should not be involving ourselves with other countries problems. All I know is, it is a small world, indeed. We can not turn a blind eye to suffering. We can not close our borders and pretend that nothing in our country can hurt us if we ignore it. I can only hope that this conflict will never happen at all, and the poor people of Iraq will not have to suffer because their dictator is an inhuman animal! In any war, it is the innocents who suffer, while the guilty run and hide.

Keep safe and go knowing that you have alot of people who are proud of your service to our country.

Mrs. Shakita

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

Hi Monster,

wow. That sure is heavy. I can't really imagine what it must feel like to be waiting to go off to war. I am a peace-mongering hippie chick and I really wish our country wouldn't go to war. At the same time I do truly appreciate the courage it takes for each individual man to fight for his country. I wish you well. I pray that you will return home safe and sound and come back to the board and tell us about what you experience.

Good Luck & Bright Blessings

~Witch

• nilfun
    nilfun

Monster,

(Your ashy legs comment had me in stitches! LoL.)

You are leaving us for now, but when you come back, we'll all be here waiting for you.

Bravery isn't about not being scared. It's about feeling the fear and doing it anyway.

You will not be alone out there. You will be carrying our hearts with you all the way. Remember that.

• Mac
    Mac

Soldier Jim,

I salute you!!!

thanks,

mac

• Monster
    Monster

Make sure James you are convinced in your OWN mind before doing this.

You saw what the others said, they appricate it all, that lets me know I am doing the right thing. If that's not enough to convince me i look the soldiers who are still today putting it all on the line to rid part of the world of the taliban, Those people were free for the first time in their lives, women came from behind the veils, going to school now, they are free. They thank the american soldiers, german,and brits for freeing them. Their lives were not shattered just freed.

I took an oath to protect our country that's all the country is asking me to do now. Last night i tried over and over to say what i wanted to say, but the words wouldn't come out, i did the best i could at the time with just a few words after that it was like the people here understood they took it from there after just reading a few post post i went to bed feeling good. Look at some of the things that help convince me

time I do truly appreciate the courage it takes for each individual man to fight for his country
    Give em hell soldier! Come home safe!
    I'm proud of you, man.
    You're coming back, you hear? That's not a suggestion!
    It is people like me who owe the relative freedom and safety we dwell in to people like you. I take my hat off to you and wish you Godspeed!
    If ever I considered anyone a hero, and believe me I have few, it is the guys/gals who put thier lives on line, like you.
    Dear James,

We have never spoken but I had an urge to share some words with you. ..............I want you to know that I truly understand your fear and It is not misplaced. Your decision to join the fight is not one that is in vain. You are not alone

So,,,,,,,,, thanks Monster for fighting for our freedom,,,,,,,, and yes,,,,,,, YOU WILL BE BACK.
    The news reports about the war become all that more real when someone amongst us has to go to fight for his country.

I know you already read them i am just showing you a few words that makes it worth while. I appricate your honesty and opinion.

Take care and God Bless. Hey, if you want an old fashioned letter by snail mail, this friend will write you while you're away...just email [email protected]

Hey Donald , if i get to a computer(I'm told there's one but you have to wait weeks to get on it) I will be sure to send a letter for you and the others and some pictures let you all see another side. It's good to hear from you man , great book really good.

You will not be alone out there. You will be carrying our hearts with you all the way. Remember that.

I will and thanks big.

Well today is the last day of posting everything is being turned off. I am moving in with my folks until sunday so if i don't say goodbye again you know i couldn't. Thanis to everyone and I'm going to be thinking about you all and of course talking about you all. You been real kind to me I mean that. I know I offened some of you but you didn't let it hang over my head i appreicate that. Peace everyone don't let the jws get under your skin to much don't give em the pleasure.

(((((((((everyone))))))))

Peace James

• outnfree
    outnfree

LB wrote

We don't want you to die for freedom or your nation or for us. Let the other bastards die for Saddam instead.

If a job becomes available behind lines take it. There is no dishoner in protecting your ass.

James,

I hope I'm not too late for you to see this message saying that I echo LB's sentiments! Thank you for serving. It is more than many would do and it follows a fine tradition, as you mentioned, of other who have gone before you to assure Liberty for the many.

God bless, and take care!

outnfree

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

God be with you James. Good by and and best wishes. You have the respect of everyone here and it seems all of us have a lump in our throats. Be careful man and keep your head down. Its a shame that we even need a military but it has always been that way and it most likely always will.

Know that we are proud of you and all the others who risk their butts in this situation. We all look for your safe return. Keep in touch if you can. (((((((((((JAMES)))))))))

Outoftheorg

• nilfun
    nilfun

There are days like today, when I wonder how he is doing. ((Monster))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit