Have you noticed how the "black brothers&q...

by Stephanus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

Prisca, are these what you are refering to? These pics were taken at the Farm in the magazine factory.

• Monster
    Monster

Stephanus Thanks man, but Uncle Sam say's he wants my butt again :( Oh well duty calls

• Prisca
    Prisca

Jourles - yep, they're the ones I mean!

RF:

Here are some happy non white persons. Theyre not working.

They're also non-Dubs too (check on the "properties" of the pics RF used)

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    It would be interesting to see how these pics appear in editions of the WT and A! in countries which are populated by predonimately non-white people.

A very good question, Pris! Would people in non-"white" countries see this method of depiction as condescending?

Oh dear! Just saw Jourles' post! Can you imagine having to take the same shots/poses twice??

Ah, Stephanus, admit it! You're just jealous they never asked YOU to pose for one of those ragazines!
    Do you think I could get my mug in the rags as "a typical oppposer"? LOL BTW, you're just the right person to ask: how do those depictions of the "coloured brothers" in the North American rags make you feel? Did you feel differently about them when you were "in"?
  • Stephanus
    Stephanus
    They're also non-Dubs too (check on the "properties" of the pics RF used)

What's the matter RF, feeling jealous of all the attention this thread's getting that you have to FABRICATE contradictory evidence?? LOL

Well spotted Pris. (The picture of Jesus with long hair should have been a give-away...)

• Francois
    Francois

Looks to me like Samuel and ol' Milton done swapped pants. You reckon Milton heard someone coming and in the ensuing rush got their clothing mixed up. Ah, pedophilia, ain't it great fun?

francois

• auntiem
    auntiem

"Daddy looky what I found in the basement!"

"oh jezez chrizt, son didn't I tell you never to bring out that picture of uncle wazoo?"

• reporter
    reporter

The Real WTS Mindset that the JW Leadership would readily admit to honest truth seekers...

*** Zion's Watch Tower, August 1, 1898, p. 230 ***
    [Note: not available on 1993/1995/1999 CD-ROM]

...The negro race is supposed to be descended from Ham, whose special degradation is mentioned in Gen. 9:22, 25.

Uhm, excuse me, Which special degradation would that be?

*** The Watchtower of April 15, 1900 p. 122 ***

There are probably as many as a hundred colored brethren on the Watch Tower lists, some of them very clear in the truth, and very earnest in its service, financially and otherwise. We have received letters from several of these, who had intended engaging in the volunteer work, expressing surprise that in the call for volunteers in the March 1st issue we restricted the inquiry to white Protestant churches. They rightly realized that we have not the slightest of race prejudice, and that we love the colored brethren with just the same warmth of heart that we love the white, and they queried therefore why such a distinction should be made in the call. The reason is that so far as we are able to judge,colored people have less education than whites - many of them quite insufficient to permit them to profit by such reading as we have to give forth. Our conclusion therefore is based upon the supposition that reading matter distributed to a colored congregation would more than half of it be utterly wasted, and a very small percentage indeed likely to yield good results.

Feel that love, colored brethren! Feel the love!

*** The Golden Age, July 24, 1929, p. 702 ***

Question: Is there anything in the Bible that reveals the origin of the Negro? Answer: It is generally believed that the curse which Noah pronounced upon Canaan was the origin of the Black race. Certain it is that when Noah said, Cursed be Canaan, a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren, he pictured the future of the Colored race. They have been and are a race of servants, but now in the dawn of the twentieth century, we are all coming to see this matter of service in its true light and to find that the only real joy in life is in serving others; not bossing them. There is no servant in the world as good as a good Colored servant , and the joy that he gets from rendering faithful service is one of the purest joys there is in the world.

Feel that joy, brutha! FEEL the joy! RENDER that service!

*** Awake! 1982 February 8 p.14-15 The Races-What Is Their Origin? ***

Have the churches of Christendom always treated "everyone on the same basis"? Consider how the Catholic and Lutheran Churches supported Hitler's scheme to produce a "master race." And for centuries the Catholic Church taught that Negroes were a cursed race . John F. Maxwell states in his book Slavery and the Catholic Church that this view "apparently survived until 1873 when Pope Pius IX attached an indulgence to a prayer for the 'wretched Ethiopians in Central Africa that almighty God may at length remove the curse of Cham [Ham] from their hearts.'" (Italics ours) And even to this day some church organizations openly practice racial discrimination.
    That must be that ugly low-down bird-feed Babylon The Great mysterious Catholic wing of the WTS I couldn't see for the life of me all these years.

Edited by - reporter on 11 January 2003 22:9:7

Edited by - reporter on 11 January 2003 22:11:13

Edited by - reporter on 11 January 2003 22:14:21

• razorMind
    razorMind

On some of the GB pictures posted, I can scroll & read the text from side to side, but can't scroll to read up-and-down.

Please help me. This is driving me insane.

Edited by - razorMind on 11 January 2003 22:55:40

• Mac
    Mac

Steph,

Tell me that ain't a watermellon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit