Can the US police the whole world?

by JH 39 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Even if the United States is the only superpower, can it really make war with Iraq, and tackle North Korea, and keep an eye on China, and other countries at the same time? Why does the US always have to take care of troubled spots all over the world by itself? Why can't Japan and South Korea take care of the North Korean crisis? They have the money and the manpower. Do you think that the war in Iraq will be delayed because of the fear of North Korea?

• ISP
    ISP

Yes.....but as far as war is concerned......one at a time.

ISP

• JH
    JH

What country would be stupid enough to wait for the us to be at full power to cause trouble. I think that if the US goes to war with Iraq, that's the right time for N.Korea to cause trouble elsewhere, knowing that the US in occupied with Iraq. That also goes for China, who wants Taiwan back.

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

Personally, I think some countries are messing with us. They want to see us waste money, resources and time. Then when we have pushed it enough, they back down and know we will go away. Yet the wasted billions are already spent.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

We're not going to delay Iraq because of NK, trust me. We're pretty much counting on China to hem in NK until we can get to them. If China were smart they would take the lead in the NK issue and smack Kim Lip Dong down a notch or two. This would enhance thier stock world wide and set them well up the road to the SuperPower status they desire. One ace we hold with regards to China and NK. If China doesn't take the US line on this they risk the US arming Taiwan, SK and Japan with Nukes in retaliation for on protection against NK.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Japan cannot deal with North Korea due to Constitutional restrictions (that we put there) that do not allow them to have any offensive military capabilities (in theory).

South Korea doesnt want a war with the North. They just want to be happy together and someday reunite. They are the same people with same culture (at least they used to be) seperated by Cold war Politics and Madness.

China........well China is China. But we kicked their ass in Korea ;)

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

You cant have it both ways:

NATO: 3 billion dollars paid by the US

350 million paid by all other European members combined.

Ohhh yes we can..............

Edited by - thichi on 10 January 2003 20:0:42

• D8TA
    D8TA

Have any of you had this thought?

"The only country that prohibits other countries from having nuclear arms...is the only country to have used them in war-history"?

No...really...you can't have 'em. We can damnit! We sure know how to use 'em, you don't.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Hey, D8TA I take it by your avatar that you're still in Brazil? Hope you're enjoying it (bastard) :)

NK is actually timing their threats perfectly. Kudos to them for working the system. But if they go to war don't expect China to help them. I think China really likes the amount of money they are making with our trade and they don't want to mess with that too much. As much as we like to beat our chest about how bad ass we are, we cannot wage two wars at the same time without devastating losses.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

It's not a matter of whether or not the US can police the whole world.But,rather,the self preservation of others in the world that make it possible to do this.The US can go it alone ,but, dosn't have to.It has the support of other nations in the world who have an interest in their own self preservation.To answer your question directly,yes it can! Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit