Would you post as much if...

by Jourles 43 Replies latest jw friends

• ugg
    ugg

i agree with lilacs....some days post alot,,,others just read...HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DID EVERYONE NOTICE I MADE JEDI!!!!! DID YA HA,,,DID YA!!!! DID YA SEE!!!!!!!!!

• Brumm
    Brumm

LOL ugg! CONGRATS on jedi-ism.

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

LOL!!!

I never even have looked to see how many posts I've made. I just post to threads that interest me or ones that I'm compelled to reply to.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I post cuz I like to talk to people of like mind. The fact that there are #'s beside my name mean nothing.

How many more do I have left till 200???

• Robdar
    Robdar

It took me over a year to even get close to Jedi status. But when I got to within 20 posts of reaching Jedi, it all became a posting game to hit the mark. Before that and since, it doesn't matter.

Robyn

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Jourles, who are you Minimus or something?

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    btw, I don't drink coffee, so if I win, can I have a milkshake maker?

Agrees totally with the milkshake maker idea

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think anyone takes the titles seriously do they? I hope not!

I think the number of posts and the date joined do serve a purpose because it lets you see who is making the comments - are they a new person, someone who only posts occassionally or someone who is on here a lot.

I'm still finalising the new forum but it's likely to include:

• Name (which is a link to the profile)
    • Photo / profile pic
    • Post no & total posts (you can see if this was an early post or a later one and the sequence)
    • Date joined
    • Status (eg. newbie, jedi etc...) or Moderator, Administrator for some set roles
    • Gender (with a little gender symbol)
    • Age (in years, months & days) with a display on people's birthdays
    • Location which can be Country, Regions/State/Province/County and City (with little country flags)

Here is a sample:

) and only identify yourself to the country if you wish.

You'll also have some options as to what you see for other people, initially based on the style, such as hiding the profile pics and extra info (for low bandwidth or limited displays).

Edited by - Simon on 12 January 2003 16:0:39

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

That's great Simon, but can I get my picture on mine???? (that was a question elsewhere )

Ven

• rocketman
    rocketman

I don't think stats and status here are really in any way like the numbers and status are measured within the Org. In the case of the latter, such things affect the lives of people and how they may well be viewed by their friends, family, and other jws, and by elders. That can be and usually is very stressful, and I don't think we're dealing with that here.

Personally, I am kind of intrigued stats, so I like the posting numbers, etc. I check the stats section every so often just to see who's posting a lot, and which subjects are hot, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit