NFL Playoffs: Week-By-Week Predictions

by Funchback 65 Replies latest social physical

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

The Eagles will win a tough one against a much improved Bucs. Our secondary will hold them to just one touchdown, though.

Eagles 17, Bucs 7

Watching McNair play, I am seeing how much the titans are like the Eagles. I think that it'll be a good game, but the Titans winning in the Black Hole? No way.

Raiders-28, Titans-13

I think that Donovan McNabb will really come out of his shell this week, and take advantage of the Bucs with his running. Duce will have a better week 50+ yards, and Pinkston and Thrash will come up with some big plays......I think Chad lewis will be a big factor, too.

The Bucs will play better ball, and get more points on the board, but they will be well handled. Their best quarter will probably be the first.

Go EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• crownboy
    crownboy

Well, I did slightly better this week than I did last week. I missed on both of my upsets (including the one involving my team, the Jets), but it's not like I'm betting money on it or anything.

This week:

Raiders over Titans

Bucs over Eagles (Andy Reid deserved coach of the year, but not even he will be able to solve the Bucs defense )

• crownboy
    crownboy

Double post.

Edited by - crownboy on 13 January 2003 17:31:43

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Well, I can't edit my previous post - so I'll add here.

Pondering this Bucs/Eagles matchup a bit more, I'm going to change my pick - I think that the Eagles will do it to the Bucs one more time at the vet. A going away present for the Vet Either way it should be a great game. I think we might see some tackling in this game

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Here's my weekend picks.

Titans 27 Raiders 24

Bucs 24 Eagles 23

Both games should be hard battles! Hope I'm right. I'm so pissed at the Jets...I wanted to go to one more playoff game!..LOL

CC

• Shakita
    Shakita

EAGLES 21 --

bucs 3

Home field advantage will pay off for the Eagles. Not to mention, it is down right cold at the Vet this weekend!

Mrs. Shakita

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    ("I didn't make any false predictions. YOU say I got two wrong. I say that Jehovah will set matters straight!"

I didn't get two wrong. It was those teams. Yeah, they lost it. Not me!

Tampa/Iggles -- I'm rooting hard for Tampa. They're a good team with a great defense playing at a high level. But.... Phiwwy with McNabb, at home, has the Bucs' number. I hate that. I still haven't forgiven the Iggles for that 1980 NFC Championship game (damn Danny White!!!). I don't like it but I've got to go with the Iggles.

Titans/Raiders -- See above. I'm rooting hard for Houston, sorry Tennessee, but they just don't have the defense to keep up with Oakland. If Pittsburgh can score over 30 on ya at home, then you're screwed.

So it'll be a rematch of Super Bowl 15.

• Funchback
    Funchback

I like all of the interesting observations by all of you. We'll just have to wait an see after tomorrow, won't we?

Here are my picks:

Tennessee at Oakland. The Raiders pimp-slapped the Titans in week 4 this season at Oakland (52-25). Do the Titans still have hand imprints all over their cheeks from that game? Of course they do. Will they be mad and seeking revenge? No doubt, yes! Can they win in 'The Black Hole'. Not on this Sunday. While I think Tennessee is a very good football team, I don't think they will be good enough to beat the Raiders at Oakland. Home field is so important at this stage of the Playoffs that I would definitely pick Tennessee to win if this game was in their home building (plus, it's a revenge game). It's just asking too much to into Oakland and pull out a win. The result?: Oakland 30, Tennessee 20

Tampa Bay at Philadelphia. Tampa, quite simply, is not as good as people perceive. Consider who they've lost to: at Philadelphia, at New Orleans, vs Pittsburgh, and vs New Orleans. These teams finished with a combined 40-23-1 record (.633). The teams they beat (at Baltimore, at Cincinatti, at Atlanta, at Carolina, at Detroit, at Chicago, vs STL, vs CLE vs MIN, vs CAR, vs GB, and vs ATL) have a combined record of 82-108-2 (.432). Did they beat a few good teams? Yes. But they beat Green Bay after GB already peaked for the season. The beat (twice) a Falcons team that is young with (basically) a rookie QB, who has speed and a strong arm but isn't too accurate (yet). Do they have a great defense? Definitely, yes! Did they beat the 49ers in the playoffs? Yup. An overrated Niners team who had a lame-duck head coach. Their record in the cold? 1-21. Philly's "D" will give the Brothers Johnsons (Keyshawn and Brad) fits tomorrow. Both teams will struggle to put points up. Plus, Grammatica is injured (tired leg. Gruden brought in Kickers to try to replace Grammatica). Jurevicious has an ill child at home and his mental state is questionable. Unfortunately for Tampa, the stars aren't lined up in their favor. The result? Philadelphia 19, TB 10

• Kismet
    Kismet

Philadelphia over Tampa (27 - 21)

And I am going out on a limb here but I am taking Tennessee over Oakland 27-24

• Funchback
    Funchback

Sigh....

Once again, I got half right and half wrong.

I don't have much to say except the following person deserves his "props" for picking the right teams to represent in the Super Bowl:

Crownboy.

NameWithheld originally had both picks correct but then changed his mind and picked the Eagles to win.

Everyone else got the picks wrong.

The worst pick goes to Kismet, who is the only one who went 0-2 on this week's picks.

Edited by - Funchback on 19 January 2003 22:41:52

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit