Poll:

by Monster 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Monster
    Monster

How many of you hold to some of the beliefs jws taught, and what are they?

Peace James

• Monster
    Monster

Sorry forgot my manners..How's everyone doing today?

Peace James

• JH
    JH

I think that, as long as you don't join another religion, you will retain the last beliefs you had. I still believe what I learned in the org, but where I don't aggree with them, is how they treat their own brothers and sisters. They cover up many things that they done wrong. In other words, what they say and what they do is two different things. They say to have love, but they show no love. They say to be generous, but they will let you starve.

• mebeme
    mebeme

I believe gods name is Jehovah, and I believe he does have a plan for good over evil ....When; where; how; who; what; don't concern myself on that one. I mean he is God! I will let him handle it and try not to worry about the details and I "WILL" live this life while I am alive and appreciate being given it and not just look to "The future"....thats what I came away from the organization with.

I appreciate most, not carrying the burdon of saving the world anymore....I mean I read somewhere that, that is Jesus' job.....haha

Edited by - mebeme on 7 December 2002 13:2:28

Edited by - mebeme on 7 December 2002 13:3:15

• Derrick
    Derrick

I'm doing quite fine today, and yourself?

I hold pretty much most of the beliefs, but have a list of exceptions that would use up the rest of Simon's disk space. (Sorry, couldn't resist the attempt at humor.) Actually, there is a short list of exceptions I do not believe in that include:

• not allowing blood transfusions to be considered a conscience matter
    • disfellowshipping
    • diminishing the Holy Spirit to a form of energy or so-called "active force" without a soul
    • death causes the soul to cease to exist until the resurrection when Jehovah God "recreates it" from His memory

Put another way, I believe:

• blood transfusions should be considered a conscience matter and personal choice, and congregation members should not judge those whose conscience allows them to receive any form of life saving medical treatment
    • each individual congregation member should decide whom they associate with, and disfellowshipping should be done away with
    • the Holy Spirit is much more than merely an 'active force' of Jehovah God's but as a "comforter" is therefore a conscious entity with a soul
    • upon death our souls do not cease to exist except only in Jehovah God's "memory," but possibly continue to exist
      • many souls of the dead might be somewhere in Heaven with Jehovah God, either resting or as the angels depending upon God's will for them
      • the souls of humans who committed crimes against God and man and remain unrepentant might exist somewhere until their resurrection to judgment
      • some souls might remain on Earth for a time after their deaths for reasons unknown
      • 'ghosts' are not necessarily demons or evil spirit entities but might be the souls of living humans who remain on Earth for reasons I cannot understand
    • it is possible that angels who have fallen in this day and age after Satan deceived them into rebelling against Jehovah God still have the opportunity to repent, and many are taking advantage of God's forgiveness and turning against Satan

I don't pretend to understand these beliefs fully, but these exceptions to my beliefs have evolved over time nonetheless as a result of contemplation and firsthand experience. Otherwise, I'm pretty much in accord with the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Hoped this help your poll.

Derrick

Edited by - Derrick on 7 December 2002 13:3:22

• Gopher
    Gopher

Mebeme -- welcome to the board !! Nice first post. Hope to hear more from you sometime.

As far as doctrines carried over from my JW days, I think they pointed out some false beliefs of other religious systems. I will never believe in "hellfire", and I won't ever believe that Jesus equals the Holy Spirit who equals the Father. But those are doctrines that "disprove" other's teachings. As far as any original teaching that the JW's hold, such as their prophecies, I think those also have proved to be a steaming pile of crap.

• Simon
    Simon

I believe that religion is a snare and a racket ... all religion (they probably differ on that last bit)

• Robdar
    Robdar

I don't know if I hold any of the beliefs anymore. For a long time I held on to the hope that there would be a new order or something where peace would be restored to Earth eventually. But I have finally given up on that. IMO, we are here, we die. There will be no savior who brings the balance back. Maybe we will reincarnate, go to heaven or be resurected, I don't know and have decided it doesn't matter because all we truly have at this time is this moment.

However, and I was just discussing this with Little Toe, I still miss the fellowship and the love that I perceived us to have at the KH. I do still miss my brothers and sisters even though I feel that they are misled by old men who don't give a damn about them. It hurts me to see them so gullible. They are such sweet, gentle people, for the most part.

I would not give up my freedom from mind control for anything in the world or beyond but every once in a while, I do look back and cry. I weep for the hopes that I used to have, for the love I used to know. Even if it was only an illusion.

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 7 December 2002 13:24:2

• Englishman
    Englishman

Derrick,

If all JW's felt that way, I wouldn't have so much of a problem with them.

Englishman.

• TR
    TR

I hold on to some basic moral precepts as espoused by 'hovahs. But then again so do a ca-jillion other religions and people who've never heard of 'hovahs.

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit