Cecil the Lion deserved what he got...That's right. I said it.

by cappytan 38 Replies latest social humour

• Simon
    Simon

Apparently this big trophy hunting is almost an exclusively American thing. The need to kill things will big guns must be some small-penis compensation mechanism. That's the only theory I can come up with.

I have no problem at all with people hunting to eat - it is entirely different (as long as they do it cleanly). Especially when a native population kill and animal and use almost every part of it.

But for a photo and a trophy? Lame, lame, lame. Especially when it isn't a clean kill but a 40 hour slow painful death.

IMO the Dentist deserved to be harassed and hounded at the very least - he should be jailed. Small fines are obviously no deterrent for someone with lots of money and no morals. At least enough harassment may put off other idiots from doing the same thing.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    @Cappy.

Not funny.

• Giordano
    Giordano

To bad this dentist didn't go to help trophy size animals as an international volunteer dentist.

Dr. Peter Emily shares a dental gem with Dr. Robert Baratt.

• kaik
    kaik
    Lions are soon to be endangered species. It is bad enough that they had to lure a big cat from national reserve and kill it illegally outside as it tells you how little of them is left in the wildlife.. I hope this boomer serves prison time in Zimbabwe for illegal poaching and on his return to Minnesota, he loose his practice. It is enough that he had illegal bear hunt in Wisconsin and was charged with perjury, and was forced to pay 127,000 to settle sexual harassment by touching one of his patient.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    galaxie:
    I wonder how the person who did this would feel if his life was at risk by being seen as an object of sport?

Ask him:

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If the wanted to stalk the lion the way the lion stalks a zebra, claw at the lion with his fingernails and teeth, and kill the lion barehanded that way, and do it in order to feed his little dentist cubs and himself, then okay.
  • Dumplin
    Dumplin
    I've pushed tons of people down the stairs, but damn it, I always own up to it.
  • Dumplin
    Dumplin
    So where's this dentist dude hiding? He's a bigger pussy than Cecil.
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

That lion did look a bit cocky.....

• kaik
    kaik
    What I have read, he returned to Minneapolis and published pictures from his kill within the USA. I think it was reported by MN Star Tribune. They also leaked the story that he had previous run with the law for poaching and killing bear outside approved region in WI, was fined for perjury by lying to Dept. of Interior, and had lawsuit by one of the female patient that he touched her in private parts during the dental procedure. I think more of the sh!t will be eventually reported. A guy, who claimed that he can shoot a card from dozens of feet in the air, and said that he could not see protective collar on the lion is lying. He knew what he was doing. The tormented the big cat for 40 hours or so, just for fun. As lover of big cat I hope he serves time for poaching in Zimbabwe. Poaching was crime in the medieval times, today, and will stay a crime in the future. The lion was living on reservation and they had lured him outside into the nature, which tells you that there are NOT many of them in the wild left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit