Third World War

by Crystal 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Crystal
    Crystal

It looks like we might really be going to war (they voted against us) Iraq is getting an antidote for nerve gas (sounds like they are preparing) I fear that Israel will drop a bomb on them.If this happens all hell will break loose. Does anyone know if they will start drafting?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

When, not if, when America attacks Iraq, the resulting battles will be the same as the Gulf War. The Iraqi military will not have the moral to fight and will just lay down and surrender like before.

Afghanistan is evidence that the US and UN are becoming better at overthrowing governments and setting up new democratic ones that the people approve of.

America made it a point to gain the approval and support of the international community, particularly of the Arab world. Sure, some Arab countries will wince a bit when the US attacks, but deep down they know that the removal of Sadam is needed. They will stand quietly aside as he is removed and a new democratic Arab leader is put in his place.

The US will keep pressure on Israel to keep its big mouth shut and not stir up trouble during the war. Israel will inevitably pull some stunt, but the international community and particularly the US, will severely rebuke them for it resulting in their keeping quiet for the rest of the war. Im not worried.

• JH
    JH

We once read that a Great Tribulation would start. It's not too far down the road, or maybe it is far away, but just by the world events of the last months I would go with the sooner than later.

• JH
    JH

And after a third world war, like you say, why not a fourth and maybe a fifth world war. No where in the bible does it say when the end will be or how far man will go in his stupidness.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

When have we ever severely rebuked Isreal for their war crimes? Other than that I'm hoping what you say is right Elsewhere. I'm hoping the Iraqi people have enough left in their hearts to trust us one more time & this time we will actually finish what was begun 11 years ago. Then we can turn our attention to one of the biggest thorns in the sides of the Arab countries as regards to our foreign policy - Isreal.

I wonder though, will we have the Iraqi people's trust this time? After leaving the rebels out in the wind the last time, I wonder how welcome we will be.

As far as a "great tribulation" - as Elsewhere said, all countries are in support of the latest UN resolution. If it were different, if Russia, France & the lot were against this, then your point may have credence. As it is a global effort, including both King of the North & South (whoever they are), then I think not, unless someone changes their mind.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Uh, no.

Nobody is dropping "the bomb". This war will be over relatively shortly and saddam will be in a million tiny pieces. and then you can get about your daily life.

• logical
    logical

If it happens it happens.

I dont understand why Israel would attack Iraq, they have enough to deal with on their own doorstep without doing that, because by doing that they will bring total destruction upon themselves. However they do have an agenda so it could be possible.

I remember getting paranoid when the west attacked Iraq the first time, and when they attacked Bosnia or whatever it was they attacked. It blew over. Maybe now there is more chance of retaliation from extremists in the wake of what happened on 9/11 - although im am still not totally convinced this was the sole doing of muslim extremists.

What really is so much worse now than in past years? Things seem worse cos things are reported quicker with ever improving communications technology, but they have always been as bad as they are now.

Im starting to think maybe the earth would be best off without the human race anyway.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Keep in mind that the news media said this is all show in Iraq right now, and that most likely "So-Dam Insane" will allow it by the deadline. Only after a lot of gripes and show between now and then, so that people in his country see us as the Great Satan. He is the only power over there, the Parliament is all for show.

My thought

Dragon

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Nope, no Third World War. Sorry......

No draft either...........

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Thanks for clearing that up Crazy!! Now i feel so much better!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit