How many of the 1.006 alleged abusers will be investigated by Police?

by Listener 20 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• wozza
    wozza
    My ex was one of the victims and recieved a letter from the service committee so I would like to know if she is one of the 1006 ,if not that would show that they are burying records ,I will contact her and see if she still has that letter.
  • Listener
    Listener
    You would be right Nitty Gritty. I was listening to a video report from the Commissioner that was focusing on the area of redress for victims and he didn't discuss the whole scope of the Commission.
  • Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@ Listener

Yeah, I saw that part too. The good thing is there are transcripts available after each day as well...

• possum
    possum
    A member of my family who was a minor at the time of the abuse and submitted to the commission has been contacted by a detective wanting to discuss possible legal action.
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    @ possum, that is excellent news.
  • possum
    possum
    after many,many years of obeying the two witness rule the "protected" abuser dissociated himself from our cong. The elders then kindly visited our inactive, sad, mostly shunned damaged family and offered his head on a plate by saying go ahead and tell the police now if you want to he's not one of us anymore. Knowing full well we did not have the funds and/or resources.
  • Splash
    Splash
    smiddy If a substantial number of these 1006 victims could get together and file a class action law-suite against the WTB&TS / Elders , that would be very interesting.

It's not 1,006 victims, it's 1,006 different abusers.

In the case being featured in the Royal Commission this week, one abuser abused at least three victims.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    If only 100 of those victims were to sue (and settle) then it could bankrupt the Watchtower regime in Australia.

The RC will be looking into a compensation model for the victims within each organisation. The number 60 000 was mentioned, if each pedophile of the 1000 just molested one person each, that will be 60 millions to pay the victims... The watchtower in Australia has a 20 million income each year, they would be pretty bankrupts, yes

If we say an average of 3 victims each, they would have around 180 millions to pay in compensation... And I don't know if the 60 000 is a one time, yearly or other type of payment.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Looks like a "coalition of nations" are gathering upon the WTS

isnt it obvious?

these types of cases will continue to rise up in other countries and when they do the WTS will spin it

will be interesting to see if all their financial game playing of recent will actually protect their assets

• Splash
    Splash

If these elders are incriminating themselves I would like them to face prosecution.

Seeing fellow elders have to face court for following WT procedures would be the best way of removing the elder-base and prevent others looking for appointment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit