Bill Bowen's Comments on Ray Franz

by silentlambs 181 Replies latest jw friends

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Venice- I have not known of the other post you are refering to. If what you say is true then I would feel the same toward that and them in the given context. The post that I am aware of was very negative toward Mr Franz in a way that was unfair to Mr Franz. How so? Mr Franz does not visit this forum. And Mr Franz was not made aware by Mr Bowen that the conversation they had was going to be used in such a public way. If I called you on the phone and solicited information from you- how would you feel to learn from a third party that I had made pubic that information without your knowledge? As a mother writing to your son in regards to a personal family matter how would you feel for that letter to be de public? Just my thoughts. It seems to me a bit disrepsectful and a betray of trust. We each develop our own set of values in life. When others do not share those values it is a shock to the senses.

My main point here was that I was not concerned as to whether Bill missquoted Ray or not. How would I ever know the truth there. My point was that I should have never known of the content of the conversation to begin with- especially given that Ray does not semmingly do the internet posting deal. A third party had to advise him that his conversation was being shared here.

BTW I have been interviewed by reporters and they do ask if they can quote you before publishing. They also review with you the material they intend to make public.

Edited by - kelsey007 on 27 October 2002 20:35:44

• abbagail
    abbagail
    Mr Bowen shared private information gained from a private phone call in a public forum.(Kelsey007)

I guess it depends on "who you know" around here as to whether that is acceptable behavior or not; i.e., Oct 8, 2002, 14:04:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=38136&site=3&page=1

• JT
    JT

FYI For those who have not had the experience at orientation at bethal they tell you that you may see some nagative things at bethal that you are not to share with the R&F back home.

#######

how well i remember

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Funny thing JT that is the only part of the orientation I can remember! LOL

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Great post Bill and very much in line with my experience as well. So I understand it and harbor no ill will toward either of you. That is simply the way things are and the way that the WT mindset works. Everyone knows that the ministry of both of you has changed though somewhat differently and has accomplished much good. But you have had a good look at a mindset difficult to overcome even as it was for the Jewish Christians in our Lord's time. It took more than 20 years back then for most of them to get over it as well.

Joseph

Edited by - JosephMalik on 27 October 2002 21:1:42

• wasasister
    wasasister

Thank you for your detailed response, Bill. Your post does give another facet to what I previously understood. I cannot say my opinion has been radically changed, but it has been tempered.

Your explanation was greatly appreciated.

Very best wishes always,

Wasa

• sf
    sf

Bill, thank you for the enlightenment and sharing pieces of YOU. That isn't always easy to accomplish.

kelsey,

"That is what needs to be addressed. ONe who post personal letters from mom on the internet and slings mud from private conversations on the internet does not get my vote."

Nothing....nothing more NEEDS to 'addressed'. This topic is over. Please leave 'it' alone now. What's done is DONE...OVER. We can't keep on this topic. Kids NEED us more than you need us. Let us get our 'work' done now. We are very much Aware! of what we are up against when it comes to WTBTS. Bill revealed things that were VITAL IN KNOWING so as we DO KNOW what types of men we are dealing with. THANK GOD HIS MIND IS NO WHERE NEAR THERES ON THIS TOPIC OF CHILD SEX ABUSE.

Now, what is it you can do that will get the message out that these kids NEED the world to INTERVENE (in every possible way) on their behalf?

As I sit here typing, statistics DICTATE an abuse is occuring at this percise moment.

There is no time for this anymore. Bill laid it out. Take it, or leave it sir. Respectfully. But please, leave this 'issue' alone, here on the forum.

Sincerely, sKally

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I am not really sure what to say. I do know that I'm not interested in further perpetuating what has become a tired and old subject. While not adequately addressing all concerns your post is certainly a step in the right direction.

I am cautiously optimistic and hopeful for you and your future efforts and wish you the best.

Path

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

I am cautiously optimistic and hopeful for you and your future efforts and wish you the best.

Path

sf- I humbly walk away from this and leave it alone.

• Princess
    Princess

I for one will not be in line to sign up at Bill's forum where Bill gets to be moderator and no one can disagree with Bill and apparently Bill can say whatever Bill wants about those who do disagree with Bill.

Do any of you (with the exception of Island Woman and Kelsey) actually read what he writes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit