WTS Secret Police

by Pleasuredome 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Thank goodness I and my family got the hell out of this Cult. Sounds more and more like Jim Jones' style of dealing with members. It really is so sad. By the way, can one be legally thrown out of their assemblies for distributing liteature? What happened to freedom of speech?

• Farkel
    Farkel

Gary,

Boy, did you bring up a blast from the past! I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it.

: The second day at breakfast, I forgot to buy lifesavers in the restaurant. I told my 2 1/2 year old son, "Don't worry, we'll get some at the assembly", but when I caught up with him at the vending machine there was a roll paper banner (that looked an awful lot like the paper on the temporary cafeteria tables) covering the machine held on with scotch tape that was hand lettered with a magic marker that said "OUT OF ORDER". This is a crisis. My little son looked almost panicked when I told him what the sign said. I told him that if the machine was really broke that we would go back to the store and get some candy. He watched with big eyes as I carefully pulled up one corner of the "out of order" sign and sneaked a quarter in the vending machine that I could now see had been freshly stocked. The quarter went "CLUNK" (sounded like someone ropped a manhole cover). Carefully I pulled the lever and out rolled a rainbow lifesavers candy roll.

I was often one of those men who did all the "advance work several weeks before a district assembly and several days before a circuit assembly. I was one of those young men who were told to cover-up vending machines that were there and were designed NOT to generate profits for the WT Corporation but for someone else. We draped them, we put butcher paper all over them, we used masking tape on them and we signed them that they were (basically) "off limits." I knew at the time that the entire motive was that EVERY dollar spent at that assembly by dubs would and should go in the pockets of the Watchtower Corp., but back then I thought it was proper and ever right that that should be the case.

Every quarter spent on LifeSavers could be a quarter the WTS got on something else and the WT Corporation wanted EVERY quarter that was to be spent. Even if a little kid screamed about not having LifeSavers. The WT Corp. didn't care about the kid. They cared about that quarter that could have kept that kid quiet.

Thanks for bringing back that memory for me, Gary.

Farkel

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hey Farkel

I didn't and don't have a problem with a religious book publishing corporation sponsoring a convention and inviting people who read their books and I have no problem with covering vending machines with recycled paper if they have a burning need to do that.

I do have a problem with the practice of writing "Out Of Order" on the machine cover if in fact the machine is not out of order. I do have a problem with book publishing corporation security guards confronting me for not respecting their lie and I do have a problem with being belly pushed by them.

Since that event I have had no conflicts with them of this nature simply because I have not returned to one of their conventions.

The security guards were at work away from the conventions too. While I was living in Vermillion SD in 1965 and 1966 and working nights in a bakery, the publishing corporation's security guards staked out my apartment by sitting in parked cars and watching the house for hours while I slept.

A group that would spy on members from parked cars for hours and days at a time and belly push a father and a 3 year old boy from a working vending machine in a public building is something other than a religion and is not at all for me.

Thanks for your account and best wishes always,

gb

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

LOL @ Trauma_Hound

Get me a convention badge, and I can make fake ones. LOL
  • NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    By the way, can one be legally thrown out of their assemblies for distributing liteature? What happened to freedom of speech?

As I understand it, the facilities they rent for the larger conventions are generally private property, and, as the JW's are the "tenant" for the duration of the rental period, they have the right to determine who is welcome and who is not. That seems reasonable to me. Obviously, if you went into a Kingdom Hall and started distributing apostate literature, they would have the absolute right to eject you from the property. The rented facility is, in effect, their "Kingdom Hall" for the assembly period by virtue of their having paid rent for it. So they have the same rights there as they would at a Kingdom Hall.

Now, the sidewalks and streets outside the assembly facility are another matter. They are public property, and anyone can stand out there and distribute whatever literature he or she wants to. However, if you're standing outside the facility and passing out apostate literature, don't be surprised if you find some burly attendants standing nearby, approaching anyone who accepts what you are offering and asking for their name and what congregation they attend. Intimidation of this sort is unconscionable, but probably legal. I have also heard of a few cases of apostates being assaulted and beaten by attendants, which is, of course, completely illegal, but it would be your word against theirs in proving what happened, and there are likely to be more of them than of you.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I used to get really annoyed at the "little Hitlers" on convention carparking who would tap on your car window, get you to restart the ignition, and then make you move your car forward by 3 inches.

On my last ever convention I just told the jumped up attendant to p*$$ off!

• simplesally
    simplesally

So sometimes they rent the inner courtyards and public areas so the apostates cannot come in and distribute literature but instead must do it from the street or sidewalk

• avishai
    avishai

I was at a convention @ 
     the request Of a relative(I had "faded" about four years before, was pretty much out,
     but had agreed to go for one day to see if she was'nt right!) I had the beginnings of a goatee,
     was about 25 years old, &looked older than my age. I was standing outside talking to some old 
    friends, About 5 min. after the announcement to go back in. Anyway , an ms, now an elder,&
    ;that I knew to have broken a childs wrist at the hall by "disciplining" him;
    (it was'nt even his kid) came up to us and said "Boys we need to go in now, the program has
     started" & put his hand on my shoulder. I told him I would go in when I damn well pleased,
     & the grip on my shoulder tightened, So I asked him to let go, & he repeated, no, you need to go in now! So, I asked him if he wanted to lose
     his f*&king arm, as it was now assault, & then, when he would'nt let go, (He's about 6'4,
     I'm 5'10, so he obviously thinks he can intimidate me) I grabbed his thumb & locked it up 
     said I said, DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME, LET GO NOW!!! as loud as I could, &
     everyone still outside turned around & looked. He RAN inside. Wuss.
  • blondie
    blondie

I can remember the days when they taped paper over the mirrors in the women's restrooms, supposedly to speed up the line keeping the sisters from combing/brushing their hair or touching up their makeup. Like where were they supposed to do this, at their seats out in public? I saw one older sister (70's) take down the paper on one mirror and then on the other and start to readjust her dentures. Other sisters started touching up their hair and makeup. Amazingly, the line didn't jam up at all.

I followed her as she left and she went straight to administration. I heard raised voices (not yelling) and she left. The paper stayed down and an announcement was made that fathers take their sons to the restrooms rather than the mothers having to take all the children.

The sister? An anointed sister who was tired of trying to adjust her dentures in public. Some of those sisters were quite assertive after all they were training to reign in heaven.

Blondie (who wants to reign on earth)

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have 2 accounts. One, i walked in dressed like a "wordly woman" just cause i wanted to.My husband was parking the car and i was sent ahead to find seats on the floor .A nice young(cute) attendent stopepd me and LOOKED ME OVER really well, and asked what i was doing. I told him i was turned around and looking for the main floor. I was carrying a green bible. He continued looking me over , but did point the direction and i got a" come heither" look-guess JW like wild worldy women.

#2 they were giving a talk and the speaker was really emphasizng obedience to WTS and elders. He told everyone that for 5 minutes he did not want anyone to get out of their seat. U could have heard a pin drop. I on the other hand, was walking around looking for someone and also went to bathroom.. 'The JW's all had a zommbie like apperance-except me. I half expected Jehovah to strike me down.

Brother xxxx had just finished the the main talk and stepped off the stage at a Ft. worth convention. When he got off stage-he was surronuded by the WT police-his bodyguard's.I walked over to say hi- and that is when i was informed ther had been a bomb threat at the convention. the WT Police watched me like a hawk as i just walked up to him to say "Hi" .

Anyone who just hung around outside at conventions at that time was suspect.

Edited by - wednesday on 2 November 2002 18:34:17

Edited by - wednesday on 2 November 2002 18:54:15

Edited by - wednesday on 3 November 2002 21:15:43

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit