What JWs are passing out in response to Silentlamb

by Joyzabel 55 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

How pathetic it is that JWs have no defense. And that the borg actually has to give them this piece of shit paper to pass out because JWs have no way to reason and answer for themselves. It's just damage control. The borganization doesn't even trust its own members to answer correctly.

This would be my response: "Thanks for this information. I'll read it later. But could you answer my questions 'in your own words'?" Chances are they will not be able to. They are so used to the borg's version of 'in your own words.'

• blondie
    blondie
    But could you answer my questions 'in your own words'?" Chances are they will not be able to. They are so used to the borg's version of 'in your own words.'

Bluesapphire, if JWs could answer in the own words, they would go door to door with the Bible only rather than the myriad of WTS publications.

Blondie

• unique1
    unique1
    If the accused denies the charge, the two elders may arrange for him and the victim to restate their position in each other's presence, with elders also there.

GOD can you imagine how traumatic that would be for the child?!!!!! Having to see that person again. Even in court the judge will take the child aside to speak to them about the abuse to save them from further trauma.

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

What bothers me is the statement " Anyone in a responsible position who is guilty of child abuse would be removed from his responsibility without hesitation."

So pedophiles always tell the truth? Say a child claims her father molests her, and he denies it, and there are no other eye witnesses ( why would there be? ), then according to the elders, he's not guilty right? So he gets to keep being an elder or MS or whatever. Accordng to whom is he deemed guilty? If it goes to court, and the court finds him guilty, then do the elders make him step down from his position? Even if they found him not guilty? Does any one know the answer? Just curious. It all maks me ill.

• amac
    amac
    So pedophiles always tell the truth? Say a child claims her father molests her, and he denies it, and there are no other eye witnesses ( why would there be? ), then according to the elders, he's not guilty right? So he gets to keep being an elder or MS or whatever. Accordng to whom is he deemed guilty?

Bittersweet - this is definitely a perplexing situation. But I'm not sure of an alternative. If people were removed based on one person's testimony, then it could easily turn into witchhunts with false accusations. Naturally, any accusation should be passed onto the authorities so they can investigate. But that doesn't always happen.

If it goes to court, and the court finds him guilty, then do the elders make him step down from his position? Even if they found him not guilty? Does any one know the answer?

I don't "know" the answer but my guess would be that if a person was convicted in a court of law, they would probably lose their position in the congregation. But if there are not more than one witness that comes forward in the trial, they likely will still not be DFed. However, that almost becomes moot since the perp will be going to jail (except for the fact that JWs can visit him.)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    However, even if the elders cannot take congregational action, they are expected to report the allegation to the branch office of Jehovah's Witnesses in their country, if local privacy laws permit. In addition to making a report to the branch office, the elders may be required by law to report even uncorroborated or unsubstantiated allegations to the authorities.

This, to me, is the most disturbing. It reveals an organisation that takes all control and authority to itself, not to the "superior authorities". Notice that the reporting to secular authorities is not a "must" but an "if" or "maybe".

It doesn't answer the question "Why do the R&F have to go to the elders and not the police?" This was the question raised in an interview in the "Sunday" program, and has been left unanswered still.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit