What JWs are passing out in response to Silentlamb

by Joyzabel 55 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Dear Queenie,

I'm not sure I understand what you have said, or should I say I HOPE I do not understand. Count me as stupid if you need to but I think this needs to be stated more clearly. What do you mean:

different mother's and the SAME daddy--3 guesses and the first do not count---so much for having a book study out of the GREAT TEACHER BOOK chaptr OBEDIENCE PROTECTS US was a good one...THE ONES WHO ATTENDED WERE ROBERT / SUSY and LISA at least 2 times without me to be around to well you guys kow where I am going with this one...shit he even counted it on his time slip..

I will take the heat for being dense if you will elaborate for others who may not have figured this out. I don't want to assume anything, but this sounds significant.

If you are able at this time to explain this further I would appreciate it. If not thats OK too.

Jst2laws

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My version - some probably the same

Jehovah's Witnesses and Child Protection

Child abuse is abhorrent to us. This is in harmony with the principle recorded at Romans 12:9.
    Romans 12:9 Love must be completely sincere. Hate what is evil, hold on to what is good.

Even one abused child is one too many.
    Well too bad they dont stop the abusers after the first victim instead of there being so many hundreds of them.

For decades The Watchtower and Awake! have featured articles to educate both Witnesses and the public regarding the importance and the need to protect children from child abuse.
    Interestingly the WT policy of two witnesses is not mentioned in those articles

Among others, there was the article "Let Us Abhor What Is Wicked!" published in the January 1, 1997, issue of The Watchtower ; "Help for the Victims of Incest" in the October 1, 1983, Watchtower, "Your Child Is in Danger!", "How Can We Protect Our Children?", and "Prevention in the Home", all in the October 8, 1993, Awake!, as well as "Child Molesting Every Mother's Nightmare," in the January 22, 1985, Awake! yup they printed them

When any one of Jehovah's Witnesses is accused of an act of child abuse, the local congregation elders are expected to investigate.
    Investigate? Why not call the police immediately. Elders are not investigators and their clumsy investigation tampers with evidence

Two elders meet separately with the accused and the accuser to see what each says on the matter. If the accused denies the charge, the two elders may arrange for him and the victim to restate their position in each other's presence, with elders also there.
    Excuse me!?! Even in a court of law many children testify by video so they dont have to be in the same room as the person who abused them. We are talking about children - sometimes little ones. Testifying in situations like this is difficult for adults. To expect a child to do this with no support is criminal and just plain stupid

If during that meeting the accused still denies the charges and there are no others who can substantiate them, the elders cannot take action within the congregation at that time.
    So, it comes down to the victims word against the accused. Few accused admit it so most often that is the end of it - nothing done. Lets not forget here the warnings not to tell anyone or else be accused or slander and divisions. Lets also not forget that the accused is considered innocent and there will be no record of this accusation - therefore nothing to report to the police.

Why not? As a Bible-based organization, we must adhere to what the Scriptures say, namely, "No single witness should rise up against a man respecting any error or any sin . . . At the mouth of two witnesses or at the mouth of three witnesses the matter should stand good." (Deuteronomy 19:15) Jesus reaffirmed this principle as recorded at Matthew 18:15-17. However, if two persons are witnesses to separate incidents of the same kind of wrongdoing, their testimony may be deemed sufficient to take action.
    What a shame that the victim wasnt savvy enough to get someone to watch so she could have the required two witnesses.

However, even if the elders cannot take congregational action, they are expected to report the allegation to the branch office of Jehovah's Witnesses in their country, if local privacy laws permit.
    Again, excuse me!?! Phone home! Yup better let Big brother know what is going on so that the WTS is covered.

In addition to making a report to the branch office, the elders may be required by law to report even uncorroborated or unsubstantiated allegations to the authorities. If so, we expect the elders to comply.
    "may be required"? well only after checking with headquarters and finding out if they think you should or not - probably not though since there is no evidence and he denied it.

Additionally, the victim may wish to report the matter to the authorities, and it is his or her absolute right to do so.
    This is new. But mind you dont tell anyone you are a JW or that he is. And if you do bring shame on the cong by telling we will boot you out the door and shun you. (proof of that is all the latest court cases where that exact thing has been done)

If, when confronted, the accused confesses that he is guilty of child abuse, the elders take appropriate congregational action.
    Notice that even if he confesses there is no mention of going to the police only "appropriate congregational action"

If he is not repentant, he will not be permitted to remain a member of the congregation.
    Hmmm now how does one determine if a pedophile is repentant? We know how hard it is to change them even with therapy. The likelihood of him lying (because he has so much to lose) is pretty high. Lets see a few "Im sorry and will never do it again" should do it. Just put on a good show and well since he is an adult and has been conning everyone for weho knows how long this one should be a cinch.

Even if he is repentantis cut to the heart and is thus resolutely determined to avoid such conduct in the future what was stated in the January 1, 1997, issue of The Watchtower applies. The article said: "For the protection of our children, a man known to have been a child molester does not qualify for a responsible position in the congregation. Moreover, he cannot be a pioneer [full-time missionary of Jehovah's Witnesses] or serve in any other special, full-time service." He would not qualify Scripturally. (1 Timothy 3:2, 7-10) We take such action because we are concerned with maintaining Bible standards and protecting our children. Everyone in our organization is expected to meet the same requirements, namely, to be clean physically, mentally, morally, and spiritually.2 Corinthians 7:1; Ephesians 4:17-19; 1 Thessalonians 2:4.
    Lets just ignore the fact that he will go home and continue his abuse, especially if the victim is his own child. And now she knows and he knows no one will help her. And since no one else knows anything he is free to find more victims both inside and outside the congregation.

In a few instances, individuals guilty of an act of child abuse have been appointed to positions within the congregation if their conduct has been otherwise exemplary for decades. All the factors are considered carefully.
    "AN ACT" another "excuse me" time!?! Most abusers with a victim in the home can abuse hundreds and even thousands of times. Hmm quick calculation time here. My father abused me over a period of three years. To be very conservative lets say 2 times a week. = (52 x 2) = 104; 104 x 3 = 312. We could double that for 4 x a week easily. I wont teel you about the times it was once in the afternoon , a second time before bed and a third in the middle of the night. And that is only 1 victim. Most pedophiles can have dozens of victims before they are caught.

Suppose, for example, that a long time ago a 16-year-old boy had sexual relations with a consenting 15-year-old girl. Depending upon the U.S. jurisdiction where he lived when this happened, elders may have been required to report this as an incident of child abuse.
    In most places this is not even bothered with. It certainly doesnt apply in cases where an adult is abusing a child - very often his or her own child

Let us say that 20 years have passed. The child abuse reporting law may have changed; the man may have even married the girl! Both have been living exemplary lives and they are respected. In such a rare case, the man could possibly be appointed to a responsible position within the congregation.
    Even though the above example doesnt apply I think this warrants a response "as if" it did apply. Just because no one else comes forward with an accusation doesnt mean the person is no longer abusing anyone. The abuser might be better at hiding it. The abuser might have scared the victims into silence with greater fears than previously used. And if this involves the same victim and abuser the victim learned a long time ago that it only gets worse if you talk. Silence means absolutely nothing.

Our procedures have been refined over time.
    About the only "refinement" was in here saying that victims could choose to go to the authorities.

Over the years, as we have noted areas where our policies could be strengthened, we have followed through. We are continuing to refine them.
    Well if not refining at least making it public to clean up their reputation

We do not believe that our system is perfect.
    Guess that is why everyone has to obey every word published by the WTB&TS or risk being shunned

No human organization is perfect. But we do believe that we have a strong, Bible-based policy on child abuse.
    Im glad THEY think it is good. I see a policy full of holes and the proof is the number of victims

Anyone in a responsible position who is guilty of child abuse would be removed from his responsibilities without hesitation.
    But even though he might remain in the congregation no one will be informed so that they can keep their children safe. This says absolutely nothing about the person with no responsibilities. Guess there is no punishment for them at all. This also doesnt stop him from saying a prayer or taking the lead in service or the book study especially if he is the only male present. Yup just what I want - a pedophile saying a prayer for me.

We certainly would not knowingly allow him to serve elsewhere, either because he moved or through a transfer.
    Well the "Dont ask, dont tell" policy fits in here just nice doesnt it? Get him somewhere else and since I dont KNOW what he is doing there is nothing to report now is there?

The Bible teaches that individuals can repent of their sins and "turn to God by doing works that befit repentance," and we accept what the Bible says. (Acts 26:20)
    Repentance and a cure for pedophilia are two separate things. These people need therapy nad to be kept away from children.

Still, the safety of our children is of the utmost importance. We take it very seriously.
    Yup I noticed just how much empathy they had for the children in this policy. Their concerns for their safety and emotional, physical, sexual and spiritual well-being came shining through

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Thanks Lady Lee,

I love your red highlighter and especially your thoughts.

I guess it boils down to the dubs don't have critical thinking skills and the "public" does, so the public can see right through the BS being written up or should I say copied from real writers!

• scumrat
    scumrat

Gee, their official statement to me back in 1979 was that "you can't take a brother to court". So leave it up to Jehovah. Seems like they didn't abhor child rape bad enough to report the crime to the authorities.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

thank you for sharing this. I personally love when the WTS puts its dribble in black and white, it always comes back to haunt them.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

The WT says, " no human organization is perfect". LOL

Who is asking for perfection? They totally miss the point in assuming they can handle these child abuse issues , plain and simple they should report it to the local police. Even if they are not REQUIRED in what ever region they are in , they should do it. It is a CRIME. If a JW murdered someone could they keep that confidential? If a woman claimed someone raped her and the rapist was at large, but the rapist was a JW confessing to the elders, would they turn him in , knowing the police are looking for him? If a person robbed a little gas station , but promised the elders he would return the money, annoyomously, would the elders turn him in? I think they would feel they have to. So why the difference in child abuse?

This "human organization", is making up their own laws of the land in this case. Seems to me any other of the above sins would be report to the authorities. Why is child molestation so different to JW's? The reason is because it is the worst kind of evil on the face of the earth, and they just want to save face with the world. They don't want to admit the great numbers of molestors in the borg. Not to mention lawsuits.

It's all about how things look, white washed graves, is what they are. They wash the outside of the glass but the inside is full of filth. Hummmmmmm, that sounds familiar..... wonder where I heard that before? They make me sick... sick....

• Dutchie
    Dutchie
    it is the worst kind of evil on the face of the earth, and they just want to save face with the world. They don't want to admit the great numbers of molestors in the borg. Not to mention lawsuits.

LyinEyes, that's it in a nutshell. People do not donate money to organizations that have pedophiles in them. People do not leave property to organizations that have pedophiles in them. Reporting these people to the police makes it public knowledge and they felt that just could not take the chance of the negative reaction that might come about because of it. The protection of the organization at costs was their rallying cry!

One or two sexual deviants would be okay but this organization has the distinction of having thousands on file and it is a great embarrasment to them. In the past, they have always felt that the only thing to do about this problem was the stop it at the roots. Now that decision is coming back to haunt them and rightly so.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Am I understanding this right? This has been turned into pamplets or leaflets and are being handed out where ever they are approached with "The Question"? Door to Door or where ever? Even on bible studies?

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Plm, I'm sorry this is not clear, but see my second comment on this thread. 
  • DeProgram
    DeProgram

Oh yeah I forgot ,it was that 16 year old Boy having sex with the 14 year old girl that has everyone ready to linch the GB, yea thats it, Someone needs to tell them that Denile isn't a river in Egypt, again they give the Silent Lambs the back of there hand, what about the Boy in Australia that was being sodomized in the bathroom in the KH, one of as many as 40 victems by this bookstudy conducter,what about all the young boys and young girls 4 years old JW'S need to study up on Hell because I would like to send them there, Today would be nice...NP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit